~MIKAELA /PART 2/~

~/•/~

/LUNCH/

"Is something wrong?" asks Mikaela. "You seem... weird."

"No, nothing's wrong," I say.

She smiles sweetly but I can't help but find the menace in it, like she's hiding something.
"Good."

And we eat in silence. She eats like there really isn't anything wrong with the silence but to me it's symbolic of this eerie knowledge vacuum.

If it isn't already obvious, what everyone has said is starting to melt in and I'm starting to wonder if Mikaela Sarreece really is the 'great evil' they say she is.

"Stop staring!!" she murmurs with food in her mouth, covering it so I don't see.

This 'evil' must be a thousand times worse because I can't tell if it's waiting to strike or if it isn't there at all.

She truthfully looks and acts like she wouldn't hurt anybody, but she has and that's a fact. What I forgot to ask Callum was what got her the name because it's starting to feel like a lot of people must know something I don't because it seems like to them, Mikaela and 'evil' go hand in hand while to me, the more I hang around her, the more I start to think that all it is is the chain effect of one tiny rumour from long ago.

Regardless, here she is, living her best life without a care in the world.
Mikaela might be an actual Queen.

"Eat," she commands. Her words go in one ear and out the other. She's so entranced by her food that it's pretty cute.

'You're no different, Turner'— well, what if I am?

I know it shouldn't matter but what if the guys before me never even saw this side of her or even, at least, not like this? And if they did, what if for once she's just being genuine?

What if they all thought the same things as you and all eventually met the same gruesome end that will certainly be upon you at a time you won't expect anytime between now and forever. I tell you, you can count on it to happen and you can count on it to hurt, with certainty like your death.

"You know, if you want attention," she says, cutting through my thoughts. "Acting weird isn't the way to get it. And I know you want it." Her smile sets me off once again.

That, or you can let your guard down, relax and do the same thing as those before you, foolishly expecting a different result.

No. People are different. I'm the new variable that guarantees a new result because I'm different to everyone else.

Ha! You're not.

You haven't even studied her for seven days and you think you've got her figured out. Don't even pretend the speed of this relationship isn't suspicious to you.

Right...

"Okay you win, Roman!! What's on your mind?!" She leans over and playfully shakes my hand on the table.

What?

You want to know what's on my mind?

What's on yours?

Tell me, how evil are you— and how badly will you break me if I let you?

Will the pain at the end be greater than how good I feel now?
Will feeling happy about it be worth all the pain?
Tell me, how evil are you?

"Fine, don't talk to me," she says. "You bully."

As I look at her innocently consuming her lunch, I ponder on what DeMarcus meant by her consuming your soul and emotions and that weird stuff. It's crazy to think that she's not some supremely intelligent evil specimen - well not visibly anyway - but I still have no way of knowing her true thoughts.