/THE SAINT/

~/•/~

Roman: Hey bro.

Roman: Kavi, I know you're okay so text me when you see this.

Roman: I'll probably be at school but just.. leave a message, yeah?

Roman: Bless.

Roman: that Johan guy is sh!t as well. I hope he breaks an arm.

Roman: but knowing you, you've already forgiven him, you loser. 😂

~/ AWKWARD /~

Kavi still hasn't seen my messages.

I leave my phone on the table and head downstairs, where waiting in the kitchen is toast, just toast. Now, I'm not trying to be ungrateful and this should be the usual but there isn't even anything to have it with.

Mum walks into the kitchen looking like she hasn't slept as I'm eating the toast.. with tea.

She tells me she won't have time to prepare a packed lunch so I'll just have to get the school's break time food. Also, she gives me ten pounds and tells me I'll have to take a bus to school and back, and bring back the change.

"Mum."

"Romeo, please just listen to Mum," She pours boiled water into a mug. "Also, don't wait for your sister. Her temperature's up again."

"But... a bus?"

"Please just cooperate."

I'm heading to the stairwell when I see the snow outside. Great, and I'm taking a bus. I have to walk all the way to a bus stop— in the snow. "Is this about Kavi?" I ask, afraid to face her because my mother is so see through that I'll probably know it is.

She doesn't respond.

"Because Kavi is fine," I add, even though some sports websites have already deemed it a 'potentially career-threatening' incident.

"Did Saalfeld say that?" I can imagine her expectant face behind it so it hurts a little to disappoint.

"Not exactly."

Saalfeld haven't said anything yet.

~/ AWKWARD /~

/REDWOOD GATES/

"Turner, I got here at like six a.m! Where were you? I'm an ice ball!"
Julianna is wearing winter tights that probably tuck into her socks, fur-lined boots and a blue fanny pack over a sweater that hangs over the end of her uniform like a gown.

"Six?"

She's been in the snow for almost two hours... doing.. nothing.

"Yes, six." Her breath is foggy and her hair is pulled into a bobble hat, and that makes her look like a sad little boy when she says, "We discussed this yesterday, and the day before... remember?"

"Discussed.. what?"

"You're teaching me everything you know about football! Isn't it obvious that you'd have to be up top o' the morning?! You don't listen at all!!" she shouts. "Take this!" She balls some snow into her gloves and throws it at my arm. I'm pretty far so the slush falls apart before it reaches me.

Ouch. That was very painful.

She continues, "I did some independent learning though." Starting to walk into school ahead of me and switching to 'posh Julianna', she adds, "Do you desire to speak at length with me, my teacher?"