/BECOMING THE SUN/

-EPISODE 12.

~/ DANIELLE TURNER /~
(trigger warning - bereavement, disturbing images.)

/WEDNESDAY/

My mother was my father's mistress.

My sister Meely will never break bread with the spawn of her mother's enemy — that was what she said; and to the ends of even both our mothers, enmity was retained.

Even so, Meely is the least of my enemies.

~/ BECOMING THE SUN/~

Seb's parents were not present on our wedding day. He did not invite them. They were not opposed to our marriage, he just despised them.

We had an enormous venue but very few to celebrate with. At the time, I did not think it an odd thing: some people just 'like' small weddings. I only wish more of my friends got to meet baby Kavi in a suit that day.

Today would have been our nineteenth wedding anniversary and my very first since I came back home, but I don't think Seb remembers that.

\•\~
MEMOIRS.2

After we got married, I wasn't WHISKED away on any 'honeymoon'. Instead, my husband moved me as far from his parents as he possibly could. He also suggested we refrain from any physical or sexual gratification for a full year to sanctify our marriage.

I admit, that took me by surprise considering we... already had a child, but I obediently marked the date and, for a year, waited.

My Seb always wanted to be a pilot and so in that time, I did not see him much. He would often say he needed to leave for "pilot training" and I was left at home with my baby boy, learning parenting on my own.

Very soon, one year had gone and the night I had marked, come, but Seb was nowhere to be seen that night.

Although instead of panicking, I picked up his phonebook and I dialled his mother. I was not angry. I just needed to talk to someone, someone who knew him.

I hadn't ever spoken to her on my own and as I did, I soon saw why she and Seb did not get along. Not to say she was uncooperative, she was— it's just that within minutes of speaking to her, she began to rant about how she wished he was working towards an 'r' job: doctor, engineer, professor, lawyer, instead of being a "bus driver in the sky".

I felt inclined to defend him and so I told them about the great things he was doing, of how happy he was making me and his son. I went so far as to invite them to see the life we were living. "You will be proud!" I said.

I ended the night feeling good about myself because taking my word for it, they had booked a flight to our city. I even completely forgot about the night Seb promised.

He returned just as I had hoped and I was waiting to surprise him with a visit from his parents, not knowing I was later to learn that the aeroplane they were on had crashed into the side of a mountain.

And they had both perished.

.

And it was my responsibility to tell Seb.

~/•/
now.

"MUM! COME HELP!!"

Roman is shouting in the house. His voice is loud.

"I'll be on my way!" I respond. He's been angry since seven o'clock. I told him that I called Redwood to excuse him from the last three days of term.