Chapter 11: Wish U Were Gay

| Kazuya Miyuki |

Miyuki Kazuya liked to believe that he knew what was coming before it came.

After his mother had died in the car accident that almost took his own life; throughout most of his childhood, Kazuya was his own mother and father. Oftentimes, his father forgot he even existed. But, he had been living with the broken relationship for so long that Kazuya had told himself enough times already that he didn't even mind it. The younger boy always made sure he got up bright and early for school. He packed his own snacks and when it was time to leave, he tied his shoes in large loops using the bunny ear method.

Miyuki Kazuya was his own best friend. When it was time for baseball practice, he was the person who he went to for advice and the only one he could talk strategies with. When he had finally received that much needed growth spurt— he allowed himself to ponder his sexuality. The many females and males that had handed him chocolates on Valentine's Day led him to believe that he was doing something right. After that, Kazuya no longer felt the need to linger on the topic.

So you see, he was used to being alone and doing everything alone. It only took him coming to Seidou to realize that he was the odd one out. The four eyed catcher didn't think like the others, even surrounded by those who loved baseball just as much as he did. Even though they offered him gestures of friendships, no one really understood him enough to maintain it properly.

In all honesty it sounded sad, but he never minded the feeling. Not until his eyes connected with orbs so green that they reminded him of the fields of grass in his mother's garden behind his house. He was forced to realize he was missing something.

There were nights that he couldn't sleep. His mind would sooner try to cover up the emptiness by going over multiple baseball strategies. Then, when his eyes landed on a thick head of curls the next day, his thoughts edged on territory that he had never before entertained.

He wasn't by any means a shy person but when Kuramochi decided to spark up conversation on that first day, he was glad. His nerves spiked whenever the piercing green connected with his own. It was so unlike him that he became even more anxious with the change in his persona. After that, Kazuya was sure that it was his need for a friend. He led himself to believe that the longing to be close to the other boy was just his fucked up way of wanting a proper friendship. After all, it was a reasonable answer to his problem.

He wouldn't admit that he found himself counting the freckles on the younger boys cheeks. —There were twenty-four by the way, they spanned over his nose and faded over his cheeks. Kazuya was sure there were more that he hadn't yet accounted for in fear of being caught staring. He wouldn't admit that he noticed little things, like the way Haruka would hide his hands when he was anxious or twirl his finger around spiralling curls when he was thinking. Kazuya found himself wondering how someone could be so captivating, how a boy could be so pretty. —No he wouldn't admit it, because he did not find boys pretty. They were good looking and something to admire from a far, but they were not pretty nor were they captivating.

Kazuya was well aware that he was bisexual. It wasn't a startling discovery that he preferred the presence of a male, more than he did a female. But he was startled by the way that he had naturally gravitated towards the new boy. It was the one thing that he couldn't completely wrap his head around. The things he would lean forward to do automatically—like trapping him against his own dresser and pulling him into his chest whenever the opportunity arose. Those were things that he didn't understand.