Chapter 17: Choose Wisely

| Haruka Inejiro |

That very same night, emerald orbs remained unseeing as they burned into wood the hue of Seidou's deep blue. Once again lost in thought, Haruka stood motionless in front of the door to his dormitory. His attempt at trying to calm himself down before entering wasn't working as well as he willed it to. So much so, that he doesn't hear a loud brunette calling out his name. Not until said persons hand, clasped onto his shoulder and forcibly spun him around. A choked sound escaped Haruka as his heart jumped in fear.

"HARU!" Eijun exclaimed once more. A frown pulled at the edge of his lips, "I've been calling you!"

The blond mirrored his expression. Slowly however, he shook his head in an attempt to pull himself out of his daze. It was to no avail. His cheeks still burned as his mind reminded him, once more, of the events that had just transpired. He could admit that he was probably into guys...

... Okay so he was definitely gay and he didn't yet know what to do with this newfound information.

Haruka scratched at a freckled cheek as Eijun released his shoulder. "Sorry Eijun, I didn't hear you."

Eijun immediately perked up at the answer. "OH HAHAHA, thought you were ignoring me for a second there!"

Haruka's frown deepened. However, before he could utter another word, the brunette took Haruka's hand into his and pulled him back in the direction from which he had fled. "Eijun!" Haruka yelped, unsteady on his feet as he stumbled after his friend. Eijun's fast stride only drew them closer and closer to Chris-senpai's room.

"CHRIS-SENPAI!" Eijun curled his hand into a tight fist and banged on the door repeatedly. His rhythmic knocking was unrelenting and it didn't let up until the older teen finally appeared behind the blue door. A bewildered expression adorned Chris-senpai's features when the side of Eijun's fist nearly clocked him in the face.

"Sawamura," The catcher sighed exasperatedly, "What do you need?" His words were meant for the brunette but his eyes trailed over to the batter behind him. Haruka's cheeks tinged pink once more and his eyes immediately dropped down to his sneakers.

"CHRIS-SENPAI! IT HAS COME TO MY ATTENTION THAT MY PITCHING MIGHT BE NEEDED FOR THE GAME TOMORROW. PLEASE CATCH FOR ME, CHRIS-SENPAI!"

Chris-senpai sighed once more, his thumb and pointer finger pressing into his eyebrows.

"Oi! Nobody said your pitching was needed for tomorrow!" Kanemaru commented from inside of the room.

"ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE!" Eijun jabbed back irritably, but his eyes were pleading as they tried to hold contact with the catcher in front of them.

After a moment in contemplative silence, Haruka's eyes wandered back upwards. Instantly, they latched onto a startlingly brighter green. The younger teen could already see a clear answer in Chris' eyes. He was momentarily startled by the clarity. In that split second, he realized that he could read the older teens expressions much easier than before. Chris was surprisingly expressive for his quiet persona.

"10 pitches," Chris-senpai relented out loud.

A loud laugh burst from Eijun's lips as he expressed his gratitude, "THANK YOU CHRIS-SENPAI!"

When Chris-senpai returned with his glove, Haruka was grabbed once more as they made their way to one of the training grounds. Eijun's grip on him was tight, almost as if he was afraid Haruka would tug his hand away. "Eijun!" Haruka gasped out tiredly.