Chapter Ten

Two Days Before

Two Days Before..

"I need to find her. After her bizarre message she left after weeks of no contact.." Nico thought to himself.

He missed his friend more than he was willing to say. Annabeth had left a note for him in his cabin. It advised him to gather the healed demigods and tell them what was going on. The tranquility that camp was experiencing was soon drained away.

As if their victory against the primordial goddess of the earth never happened. Now they had another primordial villain after them.

Just wonderful.

He kept pacing back and forth quietly, trying not to disturb his boyfriend. It worked for awhile until he tripped over something.

"Shit! That hurt!" he whisper-shouted.

"Nico? What are you doing so early?" a blonde haired boy said, his voice still groggy from just waking up.

"Nothing. Go back to sleep." the child of Hades said, trying to dismiss the other boy, but he knew better.

Will would never go back to sleep now. As Nico predicted Will grabbed his glasses from the nightstand and sat up with his legs dangling over the bed.

"Neeks, what is causing you to stress so early in the morning?" Will Solace asked in a concerned, yet mildly amused manner.

Nico huffed and crossed his arms, before mumbling an incoherent sentence.

"Didn't quite catch that." the child of Apollo said, with a smirk.

He loved to annoy his boyfriend, he knew Nico hated speaking loudly.

"I'm worried about Annabeth!" he yelled.

It was so loud you could hear the birds squawking and flying away. Will was sure everyone in Olympus could hear it too.

"And I'm worried about my eardrums." Will joked, rubbing his ears for effect.

Nico smiled at that slightly. To anyone else it looked like a frown, but to Will he knew it was Nico's way of smiling. It was the most beautiful, heart-warming thing to Will.

"I just..I just need to see her. After her note..I'm worried." Nico admitted.

All he wanted to do was shadow-travel to her location and bombard her with questions. But, Will would never let him after what happened in the battle.

"You can do your thing." Will said quietly.

He hated when Nico did it, because it harmed him. The very thought of his boyfriend shadow traveling causes his stomach to clench and his palms to sweat.

"So I was thinking about..you know?" Nico tried to say, not even hearing Will.

Will Solace knew where this was going to go, another rant session. He stood up abruptly and placed his hands on his boyfriend's shoulders.