Dumbledore's Army

Hatake Kakashi had to endure a lot of difficulties in his life. Absolving the academy at the age of five, being declared a child prodigy and with his father being Konoha's White Fang, expectations were thrown towards him. And while he mostly lived up to them, the pressure he was put under, especially after his father's suicide, left him with the need to prove himself to others.

He had seen the horrors the world had to offer, losing every single person he ever cared about (even if he realised it far too late) and entering ANBU at a young age, breaking his soul and spirit. Blood drenched his hands and the vivid nightmares that plagued his sleep which made his skin itch uncomfortably and rub it bloody under the hot water of his kitchen sink till all the red liqued is gone. 

As a shinobi it was his task to be ruthless on the type of missions he was normaly send to. Kakashi was good at hiding his emotions, not just thanks to the cloth covering half his face. It was a necessity if you wanted to survive, because emotion, while being a strong motivation, also make you vunarable and easily manipulatiable for enemies. 

When accepting the mission to the foreign land together with his not-so-little-anymore students, he thought he was prepared, that it would be like every other infiltration mission they absolved (and far less dangerous too if you asked him). 

Even as Dumbledore told him about the plan and workings of Umbridge's new position at the school he wasn't as concerned as he probably should have been. How could a single ministry worker be a threat to him, him who had been tortured more times than he liked to remember and has a occupation with rather low life expectations? He would be able to handle the presence of the shorter woman for his lesson, right?

Wrong.

He was so terribly wrong.

The Hatake followed the slow movements of the Defense Against the Dark Arts professor with his bored-as-always single gray eye, the other switching in annoyance under the eyepatch. He had to bite down on his tongue, nearly drawing blood, in order to not accidentaly let a snarky comment slip past his lips. 

Kakashi had worked with people similar to Umbridge before. But opposite to his current situation he was able to kill them at the end of his mission. Sadly, should he even lay a hand on this woman, it could have great consequences and Kakashi may does not value his life as much as he should but he valued his job and villages image. So actually shutting this woman up for good was sadly not up for discussion. 

"And you have never been to Hogwarts before, Mr. Hatake?", Umbridge asked in an overly sweet voice, her head tilted upwards to look into the Jounin's eye. "Not even as a student?"

"No, i went to a magical school located in Japan. But i am sure Professor Dumbledore already provided you with the necessary information regarding my position as a teacher here.", Kakashi's voice was upmost friendly, yet the passive agressive tone sipped through at the end of the sentence, the scribbling of the quill against the paper Umbridge was holding made his hands twitch.

"And as far as i'm concerned the subject you have been teaching for this school year has never been taught before, am i correct?"

"Yes."

"Can i ask why this subject was established on this short notice?"

You can kindly fuck off.

"I assume the headmaster was concerned for his students, with the increasing number of children developing serious health problems caused by far too less movement during school, it is no wonder." It wasn't even that much of a lie and Kakashi was once again glad that he was an exceptional liar with years of experience under his belt. 

"I see.", said Professor Umbridge who clearly didn't see at all. "What exactly are your plans for today's lesson?"

Kakashi gave the pink woman infront of him one of his eyesmiles before saying, "I am sure that if you would've let me start it in time, you would have found out either way, Professor. Seeing as you are a bit impatient, i will gladly provide you with my lesson plan."