meeting the trio

japanese
english

Normaly Naruto does not mind getting a lot of attention but here he was more anxious than anything else. When he looked around the giant hall with floating candles and these massive tables and goddamn ghost, the stares he got felt like needles on his skin. Deep down he knew that these people are probably only curious but he couldn't help feeling uneasy.

Sakura could practically see the uneasiness radiating of the blonde and she really wanted to help her friend but she didn't know how. She knew that words don't help Naruto in such a situation and she also knew that Sasuke probably would know what to do, even through he would deny it. But judging from the nasty stares the Gryffindor and Slytherin table throw at each other, people of these houses do not get along. The raven haired boy would not care about such thing, Sakura knew, but it would attrac attention and that is the last thing they want. The kunoichi looked across the hall to the table with the green banners above. Sasuke has seated himself as far away from the other students as possible (what an unsocial ass) but they don't seem to get the hint Sasuke gives (that he does want to be alone) and try to talk with him (read as flirt). The girls practically swoon over him and even the guys steal some glances at him. The mere thought that she did the exact same thing when they were younger makes her want to puke.

After Sasuke left the village she had time to wake up and sort out her feelings. Being away from her 'crush' for so long made her realise that maybe she did not like Sasuke  because of his looks (because his attitude is definitely not the reason) but because everyone liked him. She was always alone, back than, and having the same person to talk about together makes it easier to communicate. With Sasuke gone she had more time. Don't get her wrong she missed him, he was their teammate and friend but it was like a therapy for herself. After she sorted everything out she begann to talk to Ino more. At first they argued a lot but eventually they realised they were better off together than against each other. Sakura also strengthened her bonds with Naruto and she would go as far as saying that the Uzumaki is her best friend, so seeing him so down makes her feel sad.

"Here eat that. It is really good.", she said and handed Naruto one of the many bowls that are on the table. The blonde murmured a little 'thanks' and begann to eat.

"Hey do you think Sasuke is going to be okay? He looks not happy over there.", ask the blonde and took another bite of his chicken.

"What do you mean he looks like that every day.", said Sakura and stretched out her arm to get a bowl full of pudding. "Don't worry about him and in case that you miss him, what you totally do, we probably have many classes together so don't look like kicked puppy okay?"

Naruto nodded his head and was ready to take another bite when a voice made him stop in his tracks.

"Hey." Both Sakura, who still had a spoon with pudding in her mouth, and Naruto turned their heads to the side where a girl with bushy brown hair and two boys, one with read hair and freckles and one with unruly black hair and glasses, sat. It was the girl who greeted them and when she realised that she had the exchange students attention she opened her mouth again. "I'm Hermione Granger, it's nice to meet you. I thought that maybe you could need some help because your new here and the castle is really big and yeah anyways... we could show you around tomorrow if you like?" said the girl, Hermoine, and smiled at them. Sakura quickly swallowed her pudding and replied," That would be very nice thank you i think otherwise we would get lost."

"Say, is your friend always that grumpy or what? So creepy it feels like watching an ice block.", said the read haired boy and made a small gesture in Sasukes direction. "Ah right i'm Ron Weasly by the way.", he introduced himself. "And that is Harry Potter.", said Ron and pointed at the black haired boy with glasses. Ron looked like he was waiting for something as he watched the two foreigners closely but as none of the two showed some kind of reaction to Harry's name he guessed that they did not spend enough time here to know who exactly his best friend was.

"Ah don't mind Sasuke. He still isn't over his emo phase and sulks the whole day.", said Sakura and grinned at the trio.

After half an hour Dumbledore announced the end of the meal and wished everyone a good night. Naruto and Sakura got up in their seats together with the rest of the students in the hall and started to walk to the large door. They shortly looked over their shoulders to the teachers table where Kakashi gave them 'the look' and a small hand gesture, which meant that they will talk later.

In the crowd, Naruto searched for his black haired friend and after some time he spotted the familiar raven haired boy walk with a group of Slytherins. "Hey Sasuke!", shouted the blonde over the heads of the students and made his way to the Uchiha, nearly nocking over one or two people in  the process while Sasuke stopped in his tracks and looked at him with an bored expression. "We meet up with Kakashi this night, don't forget.",said Naruto and earned a few confused looks from bypassing people. "I won't, dobe. Now go back to your house or you will get lost, this school is like a labyrinth.", said Sasuke and started to turn away. "Hey will you be alright? I mean you are alone in this house, is that okay for you?", the worry in Narutos voice was clearly noticeable and made Sasuke smirk. "I'll be fine, Naruto. Stop worrying and go. I'll see you tonight." With that the Uchiha turned to the group of Slytherins who were seemingly waiting for him. They gave both of them judging stares, clearly not fond of the interaction between a Gryffindor and a fellow Slytherin.

Naruto looked after him for a while till a hand landed on his shoulder and Sakura's voice interrupted his toughts. "Let's go. Apparently you need a password to get into the dorms and i'm not fond of spending my time in the halls because we were late." and with that they followed the rest of the Gryffindors along the corridors and up some stairs (which suddenly moved and nearly caused Naruto and another boy to fall of the stairs).

They arrived before a giant portrait of a fat lady who constantly tried to break a glass with her voice but only caused ear cancer. After one of the older students said the password, the portrait swung open and revealed a big room which was decorated in red (obviously). On one wall was a big fireplace with a couch and armchairs. There was also a shelf full of books which only added to the cozy atmosphere of the room. On the other side was tbe beginning of a staircase which probably led to the bedrooms.

"Alright listen up. These stairs lead you to the bedrooms. Boys and girl obviously have seperated dorms. Your luggage is already in your room. Please note that the boys are not allowed in the girls domitory and the same goes for the girls. I will hand you your timetables, after that you can go to your rooms and unpack."

The timetables were handed to them and Naruto and Sakura quickly said goodbye and walk down the opposite corridor. On each door stood the names of the students that life in the room and after a short time Naruto finally found the door with his name on it. He gently pushed open the door and was greeted with seven four poster beds and six somewhat familiar faces. He smiled at Ron and Harry as the entered the room. The other boys names were still a secret to him but he can definitely remember them sitting on the table near Harry, Ron and Hermione.

"Hey your Naruto right? I'm Seamus and that are Neville and Dean. It's nice to officially meet you.", said the smallest guy of the three and held out his hand for the blonde shinobi to shake.

"Yeah i'm Naruto, it's nice to meet you too. I hope we have a good time.", said Naruto and showed them his best smile.

Another crappy chapter wuhu! In this one nothing really happend sorry but soon... i promise i just need some inspiration. Well i hope you like it and thank you sooo much for supporting me and this story!