iv

Everyone's eyes were fixated upon the shy looking kid standing beside our adviser. His uniform looks neat, his hair is long enough to cover his eyes, he's also wearing glasses.

We made eye contact for a few seconds, I smiled at him but he quickly avoided my gaze.

Our adviser smiled before speaking. "Good morning class, today we have a new student joining us. Please introduce yourself.

"H-hi, my name is Leo. I hope we can be friends." He said the last few words in almost a whisper.

"You could take the empty seat behind Soohee and Luna."

I waved my hands so he knows where to go. His head was looking down as he walks towards us.

"Hi, my name is Soohee." She introduces as soon as he sits down. "You're name is Leo, right? Like the zodiac sign!"

He nods his head slowly, his head still lowered.

"So, what made you transfer?" Soohee quickly asks, wanting to start a conversation.

Leo kept silent. His lips were pursed and he was fiddling with his fingers.

I slightly hit Soohee's shoulders. "I'm sorry if we made you uncomfortable. If you need any help, don't hesitate to come to us, okay?"

He once again nodded his head. Oddly, I found him cute.

I smiled before facing our adviser as the class starts.

**

"Ah, it's break time." Soohee says as she stretches her arms out. "What should we get?"

"I don't know." I shrug. "Let's see what's good at the canteen."

"Come on, let's go. I'm starving." She got up and went to Jay's table.

I turned around to face Leo who was looking out the window.

"Hi, would you like to come with us to the canteen?"

He looked up at me for only a second before looking away, it seems like he can't look into other people's eyes. "S-sure." He whispers as he stands up.

"You think Ni-ki is already there?" Jay asks, swiping on his phone.

"Maybe, he always gets there first." Soohee says.

I nod in agreement. "But I think we should check on his room on the way, just to be sure."

As we were talking, I couldn't help but notice how awfully quiet Leo is. Maybe it's because he's new and shy but still, it's making me a little uncomfortable.

I could see other girls looking our way as we pass by them, I bet he doesn't see them. I mean how could he when his hair is covering his eyes? Not to mention that he's also looking down. It amazes me how he's still hadn't bumped into someone nor tripped yet.

"If you don't mind me asking, why did you transfer?" I asked trying to start a conversation with him.

He kept silent. If he keeps on doing this, I might forget that he even knows how to talk.

"Ni-ki!" Jay calls, getting my attention.

I saw Ni-ki running out the room with a smile on his face. He ran passed Jay who had his hands up for a high five and went to me.

"I missed you." He smiles, wrapping his hands on my arm.

Soohee jumped and high fived with Jay instead. "Don't worry, I got you." She smiles.

"Ah, Ni-ki forgot about me just because Luna is here." Jay sighs.

"I didn't. I just like her more than you."

"Is that supposed to make me feel better?" He asked, eyebrows raised.

"Hey calm down." Soohee laughs. It's quite fun teasing Jay.

"And who's this?" Ni-ki asks as he notices Leo standing beside me.

"A transferee." Soohee quickly answers.

"Ah a new kid, hi my name is Ni-ki, you are?" He puts out his hand for a handshake. He waited for a few seconds before putting his hands down. "Does he know how to talk?" He whispers.

"Yeah." I laugh. "His name is Leo. I think he's shy, let's give him some time to adjust."

He nods his head. "Well,what are we waiting for? Let's go eat!"

**

"Hey kid, would you like to join the dance team?" Ni-ki asks Leo. He never muttered a word since earlier.

Leo just shook his head as he continues to eat quietly.

"Okay?" Ni-ki laughs awkwardly.

"He's weird." He whispers. I hit his hand lightly causing him to laugh.

I have to admit, Leo is a little weird. I'm not used to having someone as quiet as him around, especially since we started hanging out with Jay. But I because of his quietness, I became more curious about him. I feel like when he starts to warm up to people, he would be someone who's really fun to be with.

"What?" Leo suddenly asks which shocked me quite a bit.

"Hmm?" I humm in response.

"You were...staring...at me."

"Oh was I? I'm sorry." I apologize quickly. I didn't even notice that I was already staring at him.

"What was that?" Soohee asks noticing.

"I was just dozing off, I guess." I shrugged.

After eating, we went back to our rooms and the boring day continued.