Chapter 9: Travel Plans

The past few days had been crazy. Everywhere you went; there was mention of Henry Parker and Lainie Watson. We had to repeat the story of how we met to everyone who asked. Steve had found out about it through an interview with Henry on the radio. He had been driving and snorted with laughter at our ridiculous story. Well, everyone had bought it so it was all good. Steve has also been in a very good mood as Henry’s reputation has gone from bad to good. I felt really small in all this.

“YES!”

The yell of excitement echoed from the lounge room into the kitchen, startling me. Bewildered, I abandoned chopping up apples for fruit salad and rushed into the lounge, where both Henry and Steve were discussing about the things which came with being famous. I tended to tune out.

“Henry, you have to take this offer!” Steve said excitedly. The guy looked like he was a kid in a candy store. I frowned, wondering what was going on. Papers were scattered across the small coffee table.

“You need a new movie to do and the role of Cade Lionel is perfect! It’s going to be the biggest film in 2012, I know it! Peter Crosswire actually wanted you specifically for the role, but your reputation was bad. But now you’re engaged, the whole board for the movie have decided to give you a chance! They want you as the main role!”

“Did he get a movie offer?” I clarified, sitting down next to Henry on the sofa.

“No, I got an offer to sing at EDC,” Henry said sarcastically.

“Just asking! Geez, don’t get your panties in a twist.”

Henry smirked at me. “I prefer the term briefs, as that is what I wear.”

I grimaced. Too much information! Did he really have to tell me what he wore underneath his pants?

Seeing my expression, Henry chuckled. “You asked for it, pancake.”

“Guys, cut it out!” Steve ordered.

I glared at Henry, to which he responded back with a sweet smile. Jerk!

“Back to what I was saying, you will take the deal Henry. Cade Lionel is a crime investigator but at the same time a ladies man, kind of like James Bond-”

“That’s what I’m best at,” Henry interrupted proudly. I raised my eyebrow. He was so conceited!

Steve sighed and rubbed his temples. “God, you never stop do you? Well, the storyline is murders are happening on an island and you’re sent there to investigate with your partner-”

“My girl partner?” Henry asked, raising his eyebrows suggestively at me. “Fiancée of mine, are you jealous?”

I snorted. “You wish!”

“No!” Steve said. “Your crime investigation partner who is a guy! He’s going to be played by Hudson Miller. And oh, you do meet a girl though and things do get … intense. It says here she is actually the one doing all the killing.”

“Ooh, a girl who can kick butt,” Henry mused. “I like that.”

“You mean a girl who can slit people's throats,” I corrected, scoffing. I felt sorry for the actress who had to put up with Henry.

“Don’t get into any monkey business with the girl behind the scenes, got it? You have to remember you’re engaged and I bet the media is looking for any way to ruin you. Don’t screw everything up, ok?” Steve warned, narrowing his eyes at Henry.

“Actually Steve I don’t think he’ll listen to you. He’ll screw anyone with a pulse,” I commented.

“If that’s true you should be scared.” Henry got up from the sofa, smirking. “Tell Peter I’ll be Cade.”