Chapter 4: Not So Sweet Revenge

Waking up to the sunshine lifted my spirits. Henry and I were supposed to be hitting the beach today to hang out, so people can see how ‘in love’ we are. Yes, that means we have to act like we’re in love, which means things like physical contact. Also, the paparazzi would most likely be there, and we were to ignore them and pretend we’re in love. Obviously, it had been Steve’s idea.

Ew, just ew.

I grabbed fresh clothes to wear and my bright yellow towel and headed to the bathroom. Even if we were going to the beach, I still liked my morning showers. Heading out of my room, I reached the bathroom two doors down and quickly turned on the shower and got in. I was definitely not using the large, square marble bathtub sitting in the middle of the room. It was just so … fancy. The shower would do.

The shower was nice and warm, just how I liked it, even if it was a hot day. I have no idea what I would do without hot water. As the water trickled down my face, I closed my eyes and sang the chorus of 1234 BY Plain White T’s.

“There’s only one thing … to do ... three words ... for youuu …”

“I love youuu …”

“There’s only one way … to say … those three words … that’s what I’ll do …”

“I love youu …”

Then I froze. Why were the ‘I love you’ bits deeper than my own voice …?

Opening my eyes, I turned to find a smirking Henry checking me out. He was leaning against the doorway. I screamed like hell and desperately attempted to cover my body while doing so.

“AHHH! GET OUT! GET OUT NOW! HOW DARE YOU!”

“Not my fault,” Henry said. “You left the door unlocked.”

“I DON’T CARE! GET OUT! I PROMISE YOU IF YOU DON’T I’LL KICK YOU DOWN THERE!”

Henry hesitated, making me scream again. Finally, he bounded out of the room, scared I would fulfil my promise. Once he was gone, I groaned and fanned the blush from my cheeks. No one had ever seen me without clothes, except my parents when I was a baby. Great, my enemy had seen me naked. Oh, he was going to torture me.

Once I finished my shower, I headed downstairs in my black and white polka dot bikini with a tank top and board shorts over, the ones which reached halfway down your thigh.

As I entered the kitchen, Henry’s tan cheeks turned a faint pink. Noticing this, I raised my eyebrow. Did Henry Parker just blush?! He was the most confident guy in the world and he blushed?!

“You’re blushing because it’s hot, right?” I said, just to tease him. I knew he wasn’t pink from the temperature.

“Yeah,” Henry replied quietly. “Umm, I’m going to take a shower too. Make me breakfast, pancake.”

I rolled my eyes and opened the fridge to look for something to eat as Henry sprinted upstairs. Then, I remembered something. Last night, I had thought of ways to get my revenge on Henry and I had come up with two ideas … so far.

I had poured water into half of a bowl and placed it in the freezer to freeze. Now I was supposed to pour milk and cereal over the water and make it look like a normal breakfast. Grinning ecstatically, I grabbed the bowl from the fridge and poured milk and Crunchy Nut. I put one bowl for me as well and started eating mine. When Henry finally came downstairs for breakfast, I laughed inside.

Oh, this was going to be good.

“There’s your breakfast,” I said, nodding to his bowl.

Henry nodded and sat down next to me. He stared down at his bowl, and then took it to the sink.