Part 2

**Knock's POV**

Thank God my first shift has just ended and now I can chill in the doctors lounge with some coffee. There is still around 5 more hours before I get to go home tonight but it's okay I actually really enjoy work. 

Most of my time is spent in the children's ward and I get to spend hours making them smile and reassuring there parents that their children will be okay.

For as long as I can remember helping children and parents is the number one thing I have wanted to do since I was little. Around 3 months ago I just had my 25th birthday and it reminded me of when I was younger. 

I was sent to an orphanage when I was 2 or 3 which I don't actually remember but I did stay in one until I was 13. Every year in my home I spent my birthday blowing out the candles on a cupcake while everyone around me continued with their day. 

This year I also spent my birthday blowing out a candle on a cupcake because I was only barely getting over my breakup with Mix at the time. It's only been what 5 months in total since we decided to split. 

Every time I see him at work things get awkward and I always want to leave the room but I have no idea why it hurts so much. I never really saw him as boyfriend material until we started dating and than my feelings grew until he told me that things weren't working. Of course now I know its because he cheated on me and felt guilty after wards. 

I guess he got drunk at a bar and someone followed him into the bathroom and fucked him against one of the stall doors. It was too much information for me to hear but every time I asked Mix to stop explaining himself he would continue to talk and it just made me more sad. 

To keep things from getting out of control I just tell everyone that we thought that it was best if we just stayed friends. 

Anyways back to the children, they remind me of when I was younger. Sad and alone when things are hard and I like giving them hope. 

I also have an adopted son called Yu, he is currently 7 and the most adorable thing ever. Right now he stays at the hospitals daycare center once he gets out of school until I get off my shifts for work. We currently live in a decent sized house on the boarder of town. 

The main city of New York is just too loud and active to raise a child and I want Yu to be happy growing up. I want to give him everything I never had as a child.

It doesn't help that my shifts at work are from early in the morning to late at night but I don't mind too much, if it becomes to much I can always ask for shorter hours.

As I was walking toward the elevators to the doctors lounge I could see an older man trying to reach up from his wheel chair to press the button.

Knock: Slowly I jogged over to the button and pressed it for him with a smile. "Here let me help you with that."

Elderly: He smiles up at me as the elevator dings and we make our way inside. "Why thank you young man. Where are you headed to in such a hurry?"

Knock: "My first shift just ended so I was going to take my break. Which room are you staying in?"

Elderly: He points at his wrist. "My eye sight isn't that great but I think my room number is on this band."

Knock: Looking down I could see that he was going to the wrong floor and slowly press the right number. "Ahhh your in room 638B, why don't I help you."

Elderly: "Are you sure?"

Knock: "Of course, I have nothing better to do than help you and I want to make sure you get back safely."