2 | No [1/?] - Bakugou x Todoroki

Warnings:
Self-harm, homophobia, (this story is not intended to promote or encourage these actions/behaviors) awkward smut (i will label where the smut would've started, but the smut will only be located on ao3, but i highly recommend reading the smut if you're comfortable with that to get the full story and experience). 

[Third-Person]
Shoto Todoroki

Love. Initially, the mere utterance of a word with such sweet, sticky, and sensational connotations seemed negligible and nugatory to Todoroki. He couldn't fathom why some seemed to obsess over finding a partner—especially when such affectionate relationships typically unraveled within a matter of months—yet he couldn't help but notice the prominent desire for love circulating through the air. So, for years, Todoroki walked as an independent student that had absolutely no desire to accept any of the doting requests for love that barreled into his face on the daily.

Todoroki felt like a sentient exhibit whenever he walked around his college campus. Girls would approach him and inquire as to whether or not he wanted to go out sometime, but of course, he declined every single lady's attempt. After all, Todoroki figured that if someone truly loved him as a person—not for his looks or money—the first words to fall out of their mouth would not involve exchanging numbers, going out, or anything of the sort. No, Todoroki figured that more of an effort would first be made to understand who he was before anything drastic or hasty transpired.

However, there was one individual that strangled his attention in an embrace of ardent embers.

Todoroki had been teased a myriad of times for still being single by his sister, so once he was twenty years old, he used his charisma to his advantage to offer love a single shot. He'd had the idea of attempting to find someone a few years prior, but he lacked the energy and motivation to pursue the matter; looking back on it, he placed the blame on his depression that he'd struggled with for years. Since he was thirteen, Todoroki had been fighting against his severe depression, but by the time he was twenty, he finally started to recover from it. However, it had taken two years of support, therapy, antidepressants, and relapsing to finally emerge from the suffocating prison of depression he'd been drowning in. To find those years of recovery, Todoroki was first rushed to the hospital for cutting deeper than his body could heal, and afterwards, his family forced him through therapy. Yet, the hell that was therapy had seemingly allowed him to breathe again.

Once one of his classes had finished up, Todoroki gathered up all of his belongings, save for a banal pencil that had been resting by his hip on his seat. He began to walk off, but almost instantaneous was a splurge of commotion over a single pencil.

"Hands off," one woman growled.

"Yeah, right," another retorted.

"Just give it back to him!" a third chimed in.

Are all women like this? Todoroki cerebrated while turning around to see three ladies making fools out of themselves. No. Fuyumi is much different.

As the heterochromatic man began to approach the three, an ash-blonde with blazing eyes of vermillion expeditiously snatched the pencil as he muttered, "For fuck's sake." With the roll of his eyes, he met Todoroki's eyes. "Oi. This yours?" Todoroki nodded. "Here." The ash-blonde tossed the pencil in an arc through the air.

"Thanks," Todoroki replied with a slight smile that he would not have flashed if he hadn't been endeavoring what was utterly absurd.

One woman approached Todoroki with a wroth lour as she spat, "Don't encourage him—he's gay. Disgusting, right?"