black and blue ; chloe

chapter one//

"Chloe?" Maddie's small voice echoed. Chloe scrunched her eyes as she tried to fight back into the wisps of sleep.
"Chloe." Maddie pressed, crawling up to her. Chloe swatted her hand away.
"Mads, let me sleep!" Chloe snapped half-heartedly, curling back into her blankets. Maddie sighed, pushing on Chloe's shoulder.
"You're going to be late!" Maddie cried. Chloe rolled her eyes, finally turning to look at her agitated friend.
"I'm up!" Chloe said, sitting up with a yawn. Maddie crosses her arms with a smile.
"I'll pick your outfit!" Maddie says, bouncing over to the closet. Chloe surveyed her energetic companion. Maddie's white dress was stained with dark crimson, and a bruise bloomed over her chest. Chloe sighed as she twisted her lips, staring down at her torn up arms. She kept them covered: not allowing anyone to see what she had done. Cobwebs started to form in Chloe's mind as her eyes drifted to the razor sitting on the counter of the bathroom. The door separating the rooms was ajar, and Chloe could practically feel the blade calling her. She quickly shook her head, all the thoughts that had been spiraling through her brain dispelled. She carefully stood up, purposely avoiding looking at her lacerated thighs. She closed the bathroom door once she was safely inside and the razor was deposited on her drawer.