intensity ; chloe

chapter thirteen//

Chloe brushed hair back from her forehead, blinking to refocus her eyes on the board. Her teacher was giving her a disapproving stare.
"Chloe." The teacher said again, and Chloe looked down at her paper, fumbling for an answer.
"Pi?" She asked. The teacher rolled her eyes, instead writing the correct answer on the white wall.

It's been 3 weeks since Maddie left.

Chloe still didn't know how to feel; sad? Probably not. If this is Maddie waking up from a coma, it's good that she left. Angry? Definitely not. The doctors or maybe her injuries could have woken her up.

Chloe hated the lack of closure.

Josh was acting abnormal as well. Smiles were starting to fit on his face more often around Chloe, not that she minded. He gave her his hoodie the other day, when she complained that she was cold. Chloe laid in bed and had to choke down the familiar urge to turn to Maddie's side of the bed and tell her all about it.

The news hadn't been keeping up on her case: the name hasn't even showed up. Chloe researched around, but whatever this is, it's been kept on the downlow. Chloe is just hoping she's okay.

"Miss Lukasiak!" Her teacher hollered, and Chloe flinched, dropping her pencils. A few quiet snickers rang through the classroom, but no one really treads with Chloe.
"Sorry." Chloe mumbles, and the teacher points to the door. Sighing, Chloe stands up, grabbing her stuff and walking down to the principal's office. She can hear her mom's confusion on the line when the secretary calls.
"What's wrong, Chlo?" Her mom asked as Chloe walks a pace ahead of her to the car. They thought Chloe was sick; just a longlasting cold. It made Chloe want to throw-up that she had to keep all of this a secret, but what else could she do? What if Maddie didn't remember her? What if she was just going absolutely insane? Chloe would rather sit on this topic until it grabbed her around the throat.
"Chloe?" She heard, and suddenly Josh was at her side, clutching her elbow.
"Hm?" Chloe hummed, more focused on the warmth spreading through her body than Josh's words.
"Are you alright?" His voice is lilting into a bemused tone, though the concern is still evident in the way his pupils dance over her face, analyzing her appearance.
"I'm going home. Just hit me hard today- three weeks." Chloe says, scratching her eyebrow.
"Yeah. Look, I want to talk to you about that. Call me in an hour." Josh glances over her head at Christi, who's waiting slightly impatiently next to the car, tapping her nails on the roof.
"Okay."

~

Josh doesn't pick up his phone the first time, but when Chloe calls again, he answers.
"So I think Maddie is off our time." Josh gets out in a few seconds, and Chloe raises an eyebrow.
"No hello?"
"Chlo."
"Sorry. Explain?"
"There's been no news on Maddie-right? Maybe she hasn't woken up yet..maybe she just had more brain activity and wasn't strong enough to stay here." Josh lectured, and Chloe furrowed her eyebrows.
"So..she might not be awake?"
"She may be. It's just a theory...but I guess it's more of an optimistic one than the current one we have." Chloe was developing a sort of happy heartache. Maybe Maddie hadn't forgotten her.
"Did you research about coma dreams?" Josh asks, changing the subject once he hears Chloe's silence.
"Yeah. Nothing interesting." Chloe mumbles, jotting down an answer to a math problem. Josh sighed.
"Don't get down, Joshie." Chloe crowed sweetly, and smiled when she was rewarded with Josh's quiet chuckle.
"Want to get fries with me in a minute?" Josh asked. Chloe could feel a blush rising to the tips of her ears.
"Sure."

[]

you're welcome for the cosh.

suprise update! don't forget to vote and comment opinions!

<3

{also one direction's song 18 is amazing k}