Chapter 1

"Look baby, we're home"

Kate was talking to her daughter, while Rick was having trouble finding the keys again.

"Just look in your pocket, please"

Kate gave him instructions as Rick unsuccessfully dug through bag in search of the keys.

"There's no way I put them in my poc-"

He started but stopped when he felt the hard metal in the shape of a key in his pocket.
Kate gave him her "I told you so" look, smiled, and walked into the apartment with Alyssa's carrier while Rick brought in the rest of the stuff.

"Welcome home, baby"

Kate took Alyssa in her arms and showed her the house...

"And this is Dada's office. This is where the magic happens!"

Kate opened the door to Rick's office, saw a pile of balloons on the floor, a large "Welcome Home, Baby Alyssa" poster, and Martha and Alexis in the middle of the whole show with the biggest smile on their faces.

"Welcome home, little sis"

Alexis took her sister in her arms from Kate's arms, the redhead was wearing the "Big sister" T-shirt that Rick and Kate had bought her which made this moment even sweeter.

Soon Kate felt Rick behind her, his arms wrapped around her and he pulled her close...

"I bet you have your fingers in this"

She addressed him with a smile talking about this welcome home suprise.

"Nope, this time I have nothing to do with it, they all planned it on their own"

Rick looked at Alexis and Martha who were preoccupied with the baby in front of them, Martha enjoyed the role of grandmother just as much as Alexis enjoyed being an older sister.

Rick's lips returned to Kate's ear and he whispered softly:

"And you'll get my surprise later"

"Oh, now we're getting mysterious, Mr. Castle, ha?"

Kate turned her whole body towards him so that he was no longer behind her but in front of her and she gave him a smile.

"I am always mysterious"

He gave her one faint smile in return

"Then we will have to solve that mystery of Richard Castle"

Kate guessed exactly what to say and Rick was done, he didn't have any of his comments anymore, Kate was the only one who could do this to him, only she could leave the great writer speechless.

"Whatever you think now keep it to yourself because your mother and daughters are here"

Kate tossed him a smile and playfully patted him on the shoulder, but he hadn't recovered from the moment yet.

"Oh and babe" , this time Kate brought her lips close to his ear to whisper something to him: "maybe you should go wash yourself because you've completely lost focus"

"Focus...Yes"

He repeated in an still absent voice, while his blue eyes were fixed on only one point, you don't have to guess twice which.

"I'm going to the bedroom...no, the bathroom...I meant the bathroom"

He remade the sentence and headed to the bathroom still in some kind of trance Kate was causing him.

"Katherine, darling, what's wrong with him?"

Martha asked confused.

"Oh, nothing, he's just a little tired"