Chapter 6

"Dad! Kate!"

Kate and Rick, still half asleep, heard well-known voice calling their names...

Did she really have to shout her lungs out just to wake us up? Castle muttered complaining as he pulled on his robe and he and Kate walked towards the kitchen with equal tired steps.

"You could just come into the bedroom" Castle muttered indistinctly to his daughter as his left hand falling to adjust and cover his yawning mouth.

"And take the risk of intrusion while your baby making is probably on going? No way!" She glared at both adults, giving them a look.

"Oh, don't worry, Lex, your dad is not that fast" Kate smirked as soon as she took the opportunity to tease Rick.

"Wha- Why? Okay, I am not fast at all then" Castle was immediately offended, his face had already taken on a dissatisfied expression. And Richard Castle sulking time has begun.

"You see, Lex, no need to worry about that, when I already have two babies" Kate smiled at the young redhead and stepped toward the bathroom Rick had just begun to enter.

"Actually, kiddo, she's right..."

Martha's voice caught attention and all three heads were turned towards the older of the two redheads standing at the top of the stairs with Alyssa in her arms...

"If you’re planning on more kids, you better get in action as soon as possible, because you don’t have a whole life to make kids, and let’s not lie, Richard, kiddo, you're getting old"

Having heard that several jokes had already been made this morning about Castle's age, she decided to join in the teasing a bit and make everyone brust out in laugh, except of course Castle

"Fine! I guess today is Make joke on Castle Day" He said rather sullenly, probably even sleepily, entering the bathroom, and the female part continued to laugh because they knew very well how much this stinged Castle's big male ego.

"Yeah, your Dada is sulking now"

Kate talked, trying to calm the laughter that came to her every time she remembered Rick's offended face.
Alyssa herself did not know why all three women around her laughed so much, but she also let out a few giggles when two pairs of blue and one brown-green eyes looked at her with gleams of love, tenderness and happiness formed in them...

"Come to Dada"

After tidying up, Rick reached for the couch and took Alyssa in his arms, trying his best to avoid the glances directed at him by Kate and the two redheads. The offended was still legible from his expression.

"Rick please..." Kate rolled her eyes at his behavior as she bit her lower lip to keep her laughter from escaping, Martha and Alexis tried the same, but they didn't quite succeed because they burst out laughing.

"Just you laugh, and how you think you came into the world??" Castle question was addressed to Alexis who was trying to stop laughing to answer the question.

"But dad, you were younger then" Today was all or nothing, the girls completely perched on Castle.

"You see they make fun of me for no reason" Castle tried to find solace in his youngest daughter, who, fortunately for him, was still too young to tease him like the rest, her big eyes just looking at him curiously.
"But you know your dad is the fastest, best and strongest" Castle spoke contentedly to Alyssa and his eyes flooded with pride again.

"Dad...maybe try to talk in the past tense" Alexis tossed one teasing comment again, Kate patted her lightly on the shoulder, suggesting not to make situation even worse, but again all three couldn't help but burst out laughing.

"Rick, can you pass me a napkin?" Kate asked, pointing to the napkins after everyone had settled down at the table and started having breakfast. "I don't know, can I? Or am I too slow for that too?" Another offended comment escaped from Castle's mouth. "Richard, please, that's enough, we were just kidding" This time Martha warned him and hoped, like everyone else, that he would finally stop sulking. "We're sorry, dad" Alexis jumped in with an apology, because she knew that her father, as a two-year-old, would not stop being offended if they don't apologize to him. "Thank you, and now say it" He said in a slightly more satisfied voice.

"I love you" Alexis tried to guess what her father wanted to hear, but after she got a negative nod, she immediately remembered "You're the best RHD" She made a small roll of her eyes and smiled foolishly after uttering the phrase Rick wanted to hear. "And RHD stands for?" Rick went on. "Ruggedly handsome dad" Alexis confirmed the name Rick called himself.

He smiled to himself contentedly, but when he got three glances in return he immediately put on a serious face...

After breakfast Martha and Alexis decided to spend the day with Alyssa and take her to the newly opened aquarium. Which left Rick and Kate alone in the apartment and it was the perfect opportunity to talk about the morning jokes that Rick was still doing the real show about...

"Really?" Kate asked as she escorted Martha, Alexis and Alyssa and Rick was still sitting on the couch.

"Really!" He replied in a still sullen tone.

"So you're going to sit on the couch like that all day?" She asked, suppressing the laughter that kept coming at the sight of the sulking Rick sitting on the couch.

"If I have to, yes!" He tried to look offended as much as possible.

"Come on, you're acting like a two-year-old..." She joined him on the couch, but he still pretended to be uninterested.

"I am not that old, am I?" He asked completely unsure...

"I don't know, Castle...some proof to support that statement of yours would come in handy" She bit her bottom lip and gave Castle a look that made his heart skip a beat every time.

"What are you alluding to, Detective Beckett?" His blue eyes widened, just like the cheeky smile that occupied his lips.

"I'm just saying, maybe you should take some actions to prove we were wrong" She whispered the last part completely in a slow teasing voice, but Castle heard every word very clearly.

"I could do that..." He finishes the sentence, his hand already reaching for Kate's currently buttoned blouse.

"You certainly could..." With one smooth stroke of her hand, she brushed her hair to the sides, and Rick's hand had already deftly finished unbuttoning almost all the buttons. He stopped abruptly, his eyes darkened, his mouth opened and closed as if to say something, but he himself knew that he would not have much control over what came out of his mouth.

"What, you got some problem?" Kate asked as Rick's eyes were completely out of focus staring at her and he completely forgot to breathe.

"Just one" He managed to utter it, when he returned from the confiscated state given to him by none other than Kate.

"And that's...?" Her voice began normally, but ended in a giggle as he swept her off the couch into his arms.

"That this does not take place in our bedroom"  "Then, take the way, Mr. Castle" Kate teased him once more, with lightly flirting smile playing on her lips.

"Hm, who knows, maybe what Alexis said about baby making will become true" He tossed with a smile when they entered their bedroom.

"Not so fast, Speedy" She warned him about his thoughts.

They seem to have a few speed issues today but in the end they managed to coordinate...

This is just one funny family chapter (well not exactly for Castle) 😂 sry I know it's awful...

Chapter 7 hanging off somewhere  here...