Chapter 3

Today was a special day for the Castle family, their Alyssa is exactly two weeks old today...Their daughter, their princess, came into their lives exactly two weeks ago and made it indescribably beautiful, she revealed to them a dimension of happiness that they didn't even know existed, that of parenthood...

This morning, Kate was the first to wake up from her family of three.
Rick was still carefree sleeping on his side of their bed. He was tired because last night he was the one doing the “daddy activities” and taking care of Alyssa. Kate woke up and turned her body to face Rick...he looked so youthful, relaxed and happy, Kate watched his chest move rhythmically with each sigh and exhale. She loves this man who now sleeps peacefully beside her, his face drowned on a soft pillow, his left hand raised to his face as the wedding ring gleamed on the ring finger of that left hand, just a duplicate as Kate had, only Rick's was much bigger...She enjoyed watching that ring on his and her hand so much, the ring of their love...As she enjoyed the scene, she saw, heard better said, another proof of her and Rick's love...their daughter announcing her awakening through the babymonitor.

"Hey, baby, good morning!" Kate greeted her already half-awake daughter when she entered her zoo-themed nursery. "Happy two weeks old, baby" Kate talked to her daughter in a cheerful voice as she changed her into her outfit for today.
"The two of us go to prepare breakfast, usually Dada prepares breakfast for us but today we will surprise him!" Kate went down to the kitchen with Alyssa in her arms ... She placed Alyssa in her baby bouncer and started preparing breakfast for Rick, herself and their little girl while enjoying the best possible company everyone could wish for...a pair of brown-green eyes watched her curiously and every now and then a sound would come out of Alyssa's small mouth as if she wanted to say "hey mommy I am looking at you"
The bacon and eggs were frying and swirling in the pan as Kate made morning coffee for herself and Rick, yes, she could finally rejoin him in their morning coffee drinking ritual and it made her immensely happy...
"And are you hungry, young lady?"
Kate asked sweetly to her daughter as she finished putting the plates of served breakfast on the table.
Alyssa began to fidget in her baby seat... "I'll take it as yes" Kate smiled and took Alyssa in her arms which made infant giggle sweetly...She sat down on the couch, unbuttoned her breastfeeding bra and Alyssa quickly clung to the source of her food...
"Now that we're settled, let's go see if Dada woke up, ha?" When Alyssa moved her head away from her mother's chest, Kate dressed again and the two of them headed for the bedroom where Rick was still sound asleep. Kate sat on the edge of the bed next to Rick, and Alyssa somehow tried to point at Rick with her little hand. She was already two weeks old and could perform some simple movements, such as pointing to someone or wiggling when her parents tried to put a clean diaper on her, she could even grab her parents' fingers with her little hand just as she grabbed Rick's finger that day in the hospital, it was her first grip to her father's finger. True, these were still weak grips, but Kate and Rick had no doubt that they would become stronger. "Yes, that's Dada. You seem to have tortured him quite a bit tonight with your frequent waking up when he is still asleep now." Kate spoke with a smile, and Alyssa turned her attention to her and then looked back at her father. "You want Dada to wake up, don't you?" Kate smiled at her daughter. "you're lucky mommy knows the perfect way to wake dada"
she added with a smile before lowering her head and laying her lips gently on Rick's in one sweet kiss...
A kiss that woke Rick up right away as if someone had given him an injection of adrenaline.
"Don't move, stay like this...forever"
Rick muttered into their kiss when he saw the pair of brown-green eyes he loved so much looking at him and felt the sweetest lips on his.
"I would, but someone is eager to see you" Kate reached into her lap and revealed Alyssa... "Daddy's love, you came to wake me up to say good morning to me?" Rick lifted Alyssa into his arms and lifted her into the air above him, and he began to ride her through the air as if she was flying, which elicited the giggles of a small baby. Kate enjoyed the scene so much and was warm to the sweetness in front of her that she didn't realize that Rick put Alyssa on the pillow next to him after their little 'game plane'...until Kate felt Rick's muscular arms suddenly grabbing her carefully, the next moment she was on top of him... "Kiss me?" He asked in a slightly charming tone with the puppy's eyes. "And that's all you're going to get because our daughter is here and plus you remember what Dr. Rodriguez said about ban on sex for at least the next 4 months after giving birth?" She warned him before descending into another kiss that Rick wanted so badly.

After the morning family cuddle, they clung to the breakfast that was already waiting for them on the table...And Rick had a great idea in the middle of breakfast:
"How about we go to the Hamptons this weekend and take Alyssa there for the first time??" He asked excitedly as a two-year-old, eagerly awaiting an answer from Kate.
"If we're going to the Hamptons you know we need a car seat for Alyssa for the trip, and we haven't had time to buy that" Kate's answer arrived
"Then what are we waiting for, buying a car seat is scheduled today!" Rick readily answered and so the whole small Castle family after breakfast embarked on another adventure of buying baby supplies...

Chapter 4 is here!

Chapter 5:Kate and Rick take Alyssa to the Hamptons for the first time!
Chapter 5 soon🤍!