Chapter 4

"Ready?"

Rick asked one last time before they set off on an approximately 2 hour long drive to the Hamptons...
Kate sat next to him in the passenger seat, just the way he liked it best because then every free moment, when he didn't have to hold the steering wheel with both hands, he could use for his and Kate's fingers to intertwined in the touch he loved to feel, her touch...And in the back, in three parts of the seat in the right corner by the window, stood Alyssa's car seat, which they had bought the day before, in which now 2 weeks and a few days old Kate's and Rick's baby girl was sleeping peacefully...
"You always like to look out the window when we drive somewhere" Rick noticed and began the conversation as Kate's head rested against the edge of the window and her brown-green eyes looked at the scenery and nature changing from second to second, which she knew so well because she had been here with Rick countless times, but she still admired that beauty of nature every time she saw it. "Ya, the beauty of nature is so enchanting, and you see interesting when we go somewhere and I drive you almost never look out the window." Kate remembered one of Rick's habits she already knew. "The truth is I almost never admire the beauty of nature as we ride, and do you know why?" As soon as he finished the sentence, Rick already had an intriguing look. "No, I don't know, enlighten me" Kate joked, and Rick explained:
"I have no need to watch the beauty of nature when I already have one breathtaking beauty here next to me"
And he got what he wanted, Kate's smile, her beautiful smile he loved to watch, his greatest gift was that he could evoke that beautiful smile of hers, the smile he fell in love with and that drove him crazy with so much beauty, the smile that he wants to spend his life and grow old. And then his gaze immediately fell on Alyssa, uh, if she will have her mother's smile, then he'd have a hard time resisting her and he wouldn't be able to say no to her, she already had Kate's eyes, and if there will be a smile like Kate's, then she will be real Kate in a nutshell, Rick thought, and it elicited a sweet smile on his own...
"Ladies and gentlemen, we have arrived!" Rick announced, after a two-hour drive as he stopped the car in the driveway of their house in the Hamptons. "Look, she's still asleep" Kate pointed to Alyssa, who didn't complain at all the whole ride.
"She’s a baby who loves long rides, just like I was" "Oh, don't even try, Martha told me what problems you created when you were little when it came to driving" Kate remembered what Martha had told her and thus ruined Rick's attempt at a story. "Ah, mother, she must always destroy all my stories!" Rick complained as a little child. "But you know I still love listening to all your stories" Kate tossed and brought a smile to Rick's face. "Then I'll always tell you stories"
"Good!, and now writer boy let’s unpack these things!" Kate got out of the car and started doing what she had said before, and Rick managed in the process of carrying things into the house "catch" one kiss from his beloved...Alyssa got a tour of the house, the same one Kate got from Rick when she first came here.
Their baby girl followed the whole house with a curious look, this was all new to her, it was not clear to her what all this was now, and Rick enjoyed watching his daughter's brown-green little eyes because he had a feeling he was looking at Kate's.
"Hey, how about we show her the pool?" "Rick please, she's two weeks old, she's definitely not going to swim" Kate has re-established Rick’s theories with her facts, just as she does when they solve a case. "Okay, point taken, but maybe she wants to watch her dad swim, and let's be honest, you can't resist me either" Rick used his 'secret weapon', when he knew Kate was right and he couldn't deny it, at that moment he was always playing the card of his charm. "You go swimming, the two of us will make you dinner, but Rick is already seven in the evening, why such a great desire to swim now? We can go swimming tomorrow..."
"We spent almost the whole day in the car, I’m going to swim to stretch a little" Kate eventually gave up further questioning and accepted Rick's answer because it seemed quite logical, so she, of course, with Alyssa's company, began to prepare dinner...
"Rick, dinner!" She called to him as she served pasta with cheese and mushroom and garlic sauce on plates.
"Coming!" It was heard, soon the footsteps became louder and Rick entered the house. "Mm, it's delicious!" Rick noticed with satisfaction as he ate food from his plate, Kate sat across from him, and between the two was Alyssa's highchair...When it was already about nine-thirty, Alyssa slowly began to protest, which meant it was time to go to bed..."Say good night to dada" Kate smiled and pointed at Rick before heading to the room with Alyssa in her arms to put her to sleep and feed her one more time before bed...
"Here I am! I put her to sleep" Kate was going down the stairs in about ten minutes, putting Alyssa to bed tonight was a pretty easy task because she was already a little tired from her first such long ride. But instead of Rick's answer, she found a stickynote paper on the table as she went downstairs to the living room:

Meet me in the backyard!
Rick

"I knew it wasn't about swimming!" Kate commented with a smile as she walked toward the backyard thinking about what Rick had prepared now.
Her question was answered when she saw a projector and a screen, a mattress, a blanket, two pillows and Rick on the floor, and lamps around the whole scene... "Welcome to our movie night, my love" Rick reached out from the blanket that covered him and invited Kate to join him, which she more than happily did and immediately crawled up to him, the way she liked best. "You're full of suprises, aren't you?" Kate made no secret of how much she enjoyed the attention she received from Rick.
"Well, you surprise me anew every day, I can surprise you sometimes, can't I?" Rick spoke sweetly to her and gave her one kiss on the tip of her nose which made her giggle, before he turned on the projector and the big headline The Notebook showed across the screen." Rick, you know I always cry at this movie"Kate immediately noted before they pressed the 'start' button, and Rick had a ready answer:
" Don't worry, I'm here, and I'll comfort you with a few kisses if need be. "Good then..." , Kate squeezed even closer to him, "you know you can start those comforting kisses now" she tossed, and before she could finish the sentence properly Rick's lips were already on hers...

Chapter 5 is here!

I know it's not good, I am having a little writer block now but I promise I will try and give my best to upload some good chapters ASAP!

Chapter 6 soon💛!