Chapter 0: Prologue

My Name is Neelan Smith. I Live in England. I am an ordinary 2nd year college student at a 2nd rate college. Or I should say I was ordinary...

This is the story of how an average 2nd year college student, who got transported to a World of Magic, Swords and Monsters....

21st July, 2023

*beep beep beep beep*

I woke up at eight o' clock in the morning from the alarm for my classes at ten o'clock. The weather was sunny with some clouds, It was a good day for going to the beach...

Unfortunately, today was the last day to submit my assignment on Microeconomics which was very important for my grades.

I got up from the bed and headed for the washroom of my one-room apartment, After brushing my teeth and a shower, I got out from the bathroom. I took out an purple T-shirt and black jeans from my wardrobe and put them on. Then I made my breakfast which was just 2 Toasts, some Bacon and fried egg.

While eating I saw a framed picture of my family... In the picture, there was an black haired young woman on the left side and a brown haired young man on the right side and between them was black-haired child no-big than 4 years old, the child was holding both his parent's hands, all of them looked happy in the picture.

That child was Neelan and the young woman and young man was his parents.

'Ah...I remember now, this is my last picture with them...'

It has been 16 years since that accident... Mom and Dad were going on a business trip to New York when their plane crashed...The investigation said that the plane crashed due to engine failure.

After the incident I was moved to an orphanage as both my parents were orphans they didn't have any family and I was left alone in the world without any family.

When I was a child I used to cry a lot whenever I remembered them but now I have moved on...

As soon as I became an adult I left the orphanage.. It wasn't because the orphanage was not good, but it was because I didn't want be a burden on them... After leaving I got an part-time job at a local diner near my college and used some insurance money my parents left me. I used these to live my life and pay my college fee.

Suddenly, feeling bitter Neelan checked the time from his watch-

[09:04 AM]

'Oh Sh*t!! I will miss the subway!!'

The station was 10 minutes away from Neelan's House on foot and from the subway to his college it took 20 minutes.

I hurriedly stuffed my mouth with the toast and stuffed the Assignment into his bagpack then started running toward the door. After locking the door he started running down the stairs...

After arriving at the entrance of the subway station I checked the time-

[09:15 AM]

'Sigh... I made it on time..'

After deeply sighing Neelan entered the station

****************

After arriving at the college Neelan submitted his assignment for evaluation then attended all his classes... After attending all his classes.. Neelan decided to head to the campus garden as there was still time for his shift at his part-time job.

Neelan saw some student studying on grass, some walking, some couples on a date, some just relaxing.

After some time Neelan checked his watch-