Work

January 2006
Los Angeles, California

Davina Hayes

"Ooh, oh." I sang out the last vocals to the song. I'm currently in the studio, finishing up my current album that I'm working on. The release date is on Valentine's day, so I have about 3 weeks to wrap it up and release it to the public. I hope my fans like it.

"Hey Dee, come out the booth and listen to this." My producer, Dave told me. I walked out the booth and he playbacked the song for me to hear.

"Damn, I sound hot." I told him.

"This album is gonna slap so hard!" He replied.

"Hell yeah, it is!" I said.

My phone started to ring. I walked to my bag and grabbed it out of my bag.

Matthew <3

My heart fluttered when I saw his name. I answered his call.

"Hello, my love." I said. I heard him laugh from the receiving end.

"Hey babe, I'm wrapping up scenes for the day. Are you done at the studio?" He asked me.

"Yeah, I'm just about done. I finished recording a song not too long ago and I'm just listening to it right now."

"Ooh, can I hear?" He asked me, pretty much pleaded because I never let him hear any of my songs until after it's released like everyone else.

"Mm, babe now you know the drill. You have to wait till I release my album to hear my songs, just like my fans." I teased him. I heard him groan through the phone.

"C'mon babe, don't I get special privilege? I mean, I am your number one fan and your soon to be husband." He said, begging me. I rolled my eyes.

"You already get special privileges in bed with me and as my number one fan, you'll be patient like the rest of my fans and wait till the release. Now pick me up, I'll be waiting outside." I told him. He laughed on the other end.

"Alright babe, I'll be there in 10." He said and hung up.

"Okay Dave I'm heading out. The Mister is coming to get me. I'll see you Monday!" I said as I walked out the studio and wait by the curb for Matthew.

As I was scrolling through instagram to pass the time, I stare at my hand and look at the ring on my finger. I smiled so big and thought back to New Years.

Flashback - January 1st @ Midnight

"HAPPY NEW YEAR!" Matthew and I shouted as we see the fireworks go off in the sky. We're currently at Times Square celebrating New Years together. He turned to look at me and kissed me on the lips. I kissed him back.

We pulled away and he grabs my hand and guide me to the direction of Radio City Music Hall.

"Matt, what are we doing here?" I asked him as we enter through the front door. We head down the aisle and on the stage I see my good friend, Max Schneider and an orchestra.

"Max, what's going on?" I asked him, confusingly. And then Matthew signals to Max and the orchestra starts playing and Max starts singing.

(A/N: I know around 2006, Max was like 14-15, but for my fanfic just pretend he's older)

Heaven only knows where you've been
But I don't really need to know
I know where you're gonna go

"Dee, we've been best friends since the fourth grade." He begins to say.

Max continues to sing.

On my heart where you're resting your head
And you just look so beautiful
It's like you were an angel

"We've been through so much since then. I asked you to be my girlfriend in Sophomore year of high school and you supported me in everything that I do. You've been there for me through my achievements and failures. We both followed our dreams together and look how far we've come. I'm an actor, on a tv show that is growing big and you're an artist that everyone loves. I mean, you even dedicated your first album to me because its a story of our journey and our love for each other and it went platinum and I'm so proud of you. Without you, I don't think I would've had the motivation to achieve the career I'm pursuing." He says as he's standing in front of me and looking in my eyes.

Can I stop the flow of time
Can I swim in your divine
Cause I don't think I'd ever leave this place

"Now, I gave you this promise ring on our graduation day," he grabs my left hand, fumbling with the ring, "promising you that one day I'm gonna replace it with an engagement ring." He gets down on one knee.

OH MY GOD!

"And today will be the day that I do that." He says as he opens up the small box, revealing the ring, "So Davina Opal Hayes, will you do me the honors in becoming Mrs. Gubler?" He asked me. Max and the orchestra stopped, waiting for me to reply with an answer.

I start to cry. I can't believe this is happening. I'm speechless.

I can't speak so I just vigorously nod my head.

Everyone cheers for us. Matthew stands up and slides the ring on my finger and kiss me. Max and the orchestra starts back up again.

Oh turn the lights turn the lights down low
Yeah now I'm feeling you breathing slow
Cause baby we're just reckless kids
Trying to find an island in the flood
Oh turn the lights turn the lights down low

End of flashback

"Hey, what's got you smiling? Better not be another guy, trying to sweep you up, I already called dibs." A voice interrupted my thoughts. I look up and see my fiance sitting on the hood of our car. I smile at his presence and walk up to him.

"Actually there is, his name is Spencer Reid. He works for the FBI. He has these sexy waves in his hair, and is such a nerd that it gets me riled up." I said to him as he wraps his arms around my waist and I place my hands on his shoulders.

He smirks at me.

"Oh, does he now?" He whispers to me and put our foreheads together.

"Yeah, when he spits out facts, it makes me so hot." I teased him, pushing my boobs against his chest.

"Better watch what you say." He says, moving his hands down from my waist, to my ass.

"Why, jealous much?"

"Not in the very least. But if you continue to tease me, there will be consequences when we get home." He told me. I bite my lip and push myself off of him and walk to the passenger side.

"I might just risk it." I challenged him as we both got into the car.

He starts up the car and says, "Don't tempt me, and by the way, its Doctor." And drives away.