Heartbreak Album Pt. 4

Davina Hayes

Here I am, exiting the plane, on my way to baggage claim to get my suitcase. I've decided to come to LA and try to patch things up between Matthew and I. It's not gonna be easy, but I gotta give him the benefit of the doubt.

As I ride the escalator down, I see Matthew waiting there for me already. I step off and walk up to him. He scoops me up and twirls me around while hugging me tightly.

"It's good to have you home. I missed you, how was your flight?" I looked at him with confusion. Why does he seem to care?

"It was good." I kept my response short. He awkwardly nodded.

"That's good. Oh, here comes your suitcase." He says as he grabs my suitcase off the carousel. He drags my suitcase and holds my hand as we exit the airport.

"I made plans tonight for us and no I'm not telling you what it is. It's a surprise." He told me.

Skeptical as to what it is, but I just follow his lead. We got to the car and he puts my suitcase in the trunk and opens my car door and closes it when I get in.

"Do I have time to freshen up, at least?" I asked him. I mean I don't stink, but I literally just got off a flight.

"You look fine, don't worry." He said as he drives us to the mysterious location.

My mind starts to wander off into the abyss. Trying to rack my brains on what he's doing and why.

The car comes to a halt and look at what's in front of me.

"What are we doing at the beach?" I asked him, scrunching my eyebrows together and titling my head.

"You'll see." He says as he exits the car and I was gonna open my door, but he beat me to it.

He sticks out his hand for me to grab. I grabbed it and he helped me out. He places his hand on my back and guides me on the sand as I see a layout.

"What's all of this?"

"Come, let's sit." I sat on one side and Matthew sits across from me.

"I brought your favorite." He says as he opens the Tupperware and it's pasta primavera. He scoops up some and places it on my plate and put some on his.

It was complete, utter silence between us. The only sound you could hear is the waves crashing and our utensil hitting the plate.

Matthew looked at me and spoke up, "do you remember this place?"

I nodded and looked at the ocean, "This is the first place we came when we moved to California together. It was a wild night." I said as I took a sip of wine.

"This is also the exact spot we uhm." He cleared his throat and spoke again. "We uh, you know." He laughed.

I laughed along with him, remembered clearly what happened that night.

"Yes, I remembered. We didn't bring anything with us, so we were covered in sand and it took us a while to get it out of our car."

I missed these moments.

Just us, together. Have a great time.

I continue to look at him and admire the facial features that's reflecting off the light that's shining on his skin. His chiseled jawline, his broadened shoulders, his shadowed facial hair.

He snaps me out of my thoughts.

"Dee, you okay?" He asked me. I haven't heard him call me that in a while. I really missed that.

"Uh, yeah I'm fine." I replied. I'm still confused of all of this, so I asked, "Matthew, why are you doing all of this?"

He sighs and stands up. He brushes the sand off his pants and sticks his hand out for me to grab.

"Let's take a stroll down the beach." He said as I grabbed his hand and he lifts me up. I dust myself off and we walk along the shoreline.

He holds me against his body and I lean in towards him. I miss his embrace. I miss his smell. I miss everything about him. As his left arm is to his side and his right arm are around my waist, I place my left arm around his back and my right hand placed onto his. I look up at him and smile and he smiles back at me.

We stopped walking and he stands in front of me.

"What?"

He takes a deep breath and starts talking, "look I know I haven't been the best boyfriend/fiancé to you lately. I know these past months we've had our fair share of arguments and I know you're not happy with me and I'm disappointed in myself for leaving you on tour and not giving us a chance to talk all this out. While you were gone and away, I did some thinking, and you're the best thing that's ever come into my life and dealt with me all these years and I realized that I don't wanna lose that.. I don't wanna lose you. I can't see myself without you in my life. If you were to ever walk out of my life, I don't know what I would do. But I would make sure that I do everything I can to bring you back, no matter how long it would take. I love you Dee, I always have and always will and I know you're hurting on the inside for my actions and I'm sorry. I'm really sorry. I did all this to show you that I'm still the same Matthew that you fell in love with." Are you though? "And I want us to patch up all the bad blood we have between us and work on our relationship. I will spend the rest of my life making it up to you. We're getting married soon and I want those moments to be happy. So, what do you say? Can we work on us?"

I sighed and think back.

Should I?

Has he really changed? Or is he just saying this because he knows I'm weak?

I've come to my decision.

"One chance. One chance to work on us." I said. He got excited and picked me up and spun me around.

I really hope he changes for the better, for the both of us.

Did I just give another chance to a cheater?