Part 11 - Full Moon Rises

"That's defo not Elena," I told Jenna in a whisper, as she put her phone on loudspeaker as Katherine begged her to come and help.

"I'll be right there!" Jenna said, sharing a look with me as she hung up and shrugged. "What do we do?"

"Not leave the house? I don't really know, Jenna, I don't want to piss Klaus off."

"I think you already did that, sweetheart," Elijah said, leaning against the door as he obviously overheard me talking to Jenna. "I'm surprised he didn't know you were a witch."

"It's not really public news," I said, looking over to the front door as I sensed Klaus outside. "Your brother's here. Don't worry, he can't hear us, I cast a little spell."

"What do I do?" Jenna asked, glancing between the door and Elijah, hoping the Original had a plan.

"Let me deal with him," I said, walking to the door and opening it, making sure I stayed inside. "Hello darling," I taunted, seeing his annoyance grow on his face as he was met with me instead of Jenna. "Sorry, not the person you wanted?"

"Hello, Little Witch," he greeted, his eyes falling on something behind me. "Jenna, lovely to see you again. Would you mind stepping outside?"

"Yeah, see, that's not gonna happen, you dick." I glanced over at Jenna, warning her to leave. "Jenna's not gonna be your vampire so why don't you scurry along now."

"You knew what I had planned?"

"Witch, remember? I had a little vision, thought I'd get in your way," I told him, rolling my eyes as he took a threatening step closer. "You don't want to mess with me, Klaus."

"Well, Little Witch, why don't you come outside and we'll find out how powerful you are." His voice itself could be a compulsion. Man, I needed to train myself to ignore the allure he had. Maybe that alone was a vampire trait.

"I'm not falling for your traps, you mutt. I think you need to try a bit harder."

Klaus smirked, his eyes flicking to the side and I followed his gaze to see Luke, a blank look on his face as he held Charlie in his arms.

"Charlie," I whispered, wanting to step out to get to my cousin. "What have you done to him?"

"Oh, nothing too drastic. My witch knocked him out and your dear friend, Luke, is compelled." He had played me the whole time. He didn't want Jenna, he wanted me. "Now, Little Witch, why don't you come with me and your cousin will be left alone."

"How can I trust you?" I asked not taking my eyes off Charlie.

As if answering me, Luke brought Charlie over, placing him within the boundaries of the boarding house, before stepping back and waiting at Klaus' side.

"There's your answer, love. Now, come to me." I lifted my eyes away from Charlie and looked into Klaus' blue orbs, trying to fit the annoyance that was growing inside me. I'd fallen right into his trap.

"Don't," Jenna said, her hand grabbing my arm as I took a step out the door. "Don't do this, Ethel."

"I'm doing this for you," I told her, blinking away my tears as I saw that she was crying. I glanced down at Charlie and sobbed. "I'm doing this for him."

"I can't let you go out there," she cried, gripping my arm tighter.

"I'm sorry, Jenna," I said, raising my hand and touching her head, biting my lip as she crumpled to the floor, knocked out like Charlie. Elijah, remember the plan. I had hope that Elijah would get my message, our minds were linked and I'd gotten a message to him before. "Tell my dad I'm sorry."