Chapter 7

A month or so had passed. Genevieve had been feeling slightly ill all day. She had ignored it and went to work, collected Ollie, played with him; the usual things. But by the evening, she still didn't feel right. She began to cook the dinner when her stomach lurched. She ran to the bathroom and threw up in the toilet bowl. She felt like every ounce of food that was inside of her was coming out. When she managed to look up from the toilet bowl, she saw Ollie nervously peering around the corner of the door. "Mommy?" He said quietly. "G-go get Sebastian," she said before she began to throw up again. Ollie nodded and slowly walked to the door of the apartment. He reached up for the handle and pulled it. Somehow, he opened it and ran outside. He looked for the number 18 on the door and when he found it, he knocked on it. "Dada?" He called from outside. Sebastian had been clearing out the spare rooms as Genevieve and Ollie were planning on moving into his apartment soon. He hadn't heard Ollie calling the first time. "Dada!" Ollie called again from outside the door, this time louder. Sebastian frowned and opened the door. 'Maybe I am hearing things,' he thought. His heart dropped to his stomach when he saw Ollie. He looked so scared and small. "What's wrong?" He asked as he quickly picked Ollie up. "It's Mommy..." Ollie said as he buried his face in Sebastian's t-shirt. Sebastian frowned and quickly ran into Genevieve and Ollie's apartment. "Jenny?" He called, looking around. Ollie pointed towards the bathroom. Sebastian nodded and set Ollie down by his toys. "Stay here buddy," Sebastian said before he ran into the bathroom.

Genevieve felt Sebastian's familiar touch pull her hair back. He rubbed her back. "It's ok, I'm here." When Genevieve finally stopped throwing up, she took some deep breaths and looked at Sebastian. "This is why I want us to move in together as soon as possible," he said with a small smile, but he was serious. Genevieve nodded and lay back into his arms. "I think I'm done," she said. She tried to stand up, but her legs were too weak. She just fell straight back down. "Woah," Sebastian said as he caught Genevieve. "Let's get you to your bed," he said, lifting her up bridal style. She smiled weakly and held on. Sebastian lay her down on her bed and tucked her under the covers. "I'll get you a bucket, just in case," he said with a smile as he kissed her on the forehead. "Thank you," Genevieve said hoarsely. Ollie looked up as Sebastian walked into the kitchen. "What's wrong with Mommy?" He asked timidly. Sebastian knelt down in front of Ollie and smiled softly. "Mommy just ate something funny and her tummy didn't like it very much," Sebastian began as he cupped Ollie's small, chubby face in his large hands. "You, my friend, were very brave by going over to my apartment. Very brave. Captain America isn't even that brave, and I would know," Sebastian said with a smile. Ollie smiled. "Really?" He asked, his innocent eyes wide. Sebastian nodded and smiled. "Really." Ollie giggled. "I'll be right back, I'm just going to grab something from my apartment. Will you keep an eye on Mommy for me?" He asked Ollie as he stood up. Ollie nodded and picked up his stuffed caterpillar. He toddled into Genevieve's bedroom and climbed up onto the bed. He crawled over and sat next to Genevieve, who opened her eyes slowly. "Hey baby, thank you for getting Dada," she said with a weak smile.

Sebastian closed the door gently behind him as he ran to his apartment. He grabbed a bag and stuffed his toothbrush, toothpaste, wallet, pyjamas and the script for his latest movie into it. He grabbed the bucket from under the sink in his bathroom before he left and locked the door after him. He walked back into Apartment 17 and locked the door from the inside before he walked into Genevieve's bedroom. "Here, just in case..." he trailed off as he saw Genevieve asleep with her arms wrapped around Ollie, who had also drifted to sleep. He smiled and placed the bucket gently beside the bed before he tiptoed out and turned off the light. He closed the door as quietly as he could. He changed into his pyjamas and brushed his teeth before he lay down on the couch, which was going to be his bed for the night. He took out his script and began to read until his eyes began to shut and he fell asleep.