Chapter 12

Sebastian had finished promoting the film earlier than expected and he was home 2 weeks after Genevieve and Ollie had visited him at Comic Con. Everyone was happier now that Sebastian was home, Sebastian included. But ever since their trip to Comic Con, Genevieve hadn't felt the best. She had been experiencing pains in her stomach, she was always nauseous and her appetite had completely changed. Sebastian had picked up on it too when she refused to eat his blueberry pancakes one morning. Originally, Genevieve had blamed it on loneliness and missing Sebastian, but now that he was back and the pains were still there, she figured that something else had to be to blame.

Genevieve sat in a chair opposite her doctor. "So, Genevieve, explain your symptoms to me." She said, taking out a pad of paper and a pen. Genevieve sighed. "Well, I'm nauseous most of the time. And my appetite has completely changed too. And I have some back pain." She said. The doctor nodded. "And when was the last time you had sexual intercourse?" The doctor asked bluntly. Genevieve was taken aback by the question. "About 3 weeks ago. Why?" Genevieve smiled softly as memories of that night filled her head, but she was quickly brought back to reality when she heard her doctor speaking. "Just routine questions, that's all. And when was your last period?" Suddenly, Genevieve realised. "You don't think I'm...." She began, her face aghast. The doctor smiled. "Pregnant? Well, I think that you should take a test, just to be sure." She said as she opened a drawer and took out a pregnancy test and a paper cup. "You know the drill," she said, handing them to a shocked Genevieve. "Call me when you take it and get your results." The doctor said as she stood up and opened the door for Genevieve. Genevieve slowly walked out the door. "Thank you," she said to the doctor, stuffing the test and cup into her purse, a million thoughts whizzing around her head.

Genevieve sat on the toilet, glancing at her watch. "One more minute," she said to herself under her breath. She sighed shakily and stood up, beginning to pace back and forth. When the minute had passed, Genevieve took a deep breath and looked at the test. 'Positive' it read. She gasped and her eyes widened. She shook her head and opened the cupboard under the sink. She pulled out another test. She checked if it was in date, which it was, and she sat back down on the toilet. Once the waiting period was over, she looked at it. 'Pregnant' it read. Genevieve didn't know how to react. How would Sebastian react? Would Ollie like having a new brother or sister? Would they be able to raise two children? What if Sebastian reacted how Jared reacted and left her and Ollie? So many questions ran through her head, but she decided that she would reveal the pregnancy to Sebastian in a memorable way.