Chapter 9

Genevieve awoke with a start. "Mommy! It's moving day! Mommy! Wake up!" Ollie said, excitedly jumping on Genevieve's bed. Genevieve laughed and took some deep breaths. "You scared me sweetheart! What time is it?" She said, squinting at her clock. 6:30am. "6:30? Ollie!" She said with a laugh and a groan as she lay back down on her pillow. She knew that she wasn't going to be able to get to sleep, but her bed was warm and comfy and meant that she didn't have to lift loads of boxes and deal with a hyper toddler all day. Ollie plopped himself down next to her. "Mommy?" He asked, innocently tilting his head to the side. Genevieve smiled softly and sighed, sitting up. She picked Ollie up and kissed him on the forehead. She smoothed out his hair and rubbed his back gently. "Are you sure you're okay with moving in with Sebastian?" She asked him for the umpteenth time that week. Ollie nodded. "Yes Mommy," he said, resting his head against her chest. Genevieve nodded. "Ok then, let's get dressed and get some food. Do you want to go on a walk in the park before we move?" She asked Ollie, who nodded in response. Genevieve smiled softly and nodded, picking Ollie up as she stood out of the bed and walked to the kitchen.

"Come on Ollie, your breakfast is ready!" She called as she set a bowl of Cornflakes on the table. Ollie toddled into the kitchen, wearing his go-to 'I dressed myself' outfit, which consisted of his green jersey shorts, which of course had T-Rexs on them, and his red t-shirt, which had a Captain America shield on it. She smiled and kissed the top of his head as he climbed onto the chair and began to eat. She walked back to the kitchen and took some yoghurt out of the fridge. "Did you change your underwear?" She asked as she poured some of it into a bowl. "Yes Mommy," Ollie said with a groan as he shovelled another spoonful of cereal into his mouth. She smiled softly as she poured some blueberries and granola on top of the yoghurt. She walked back over to the table and sat down next to Ollie. Once they had both finished eating, Genevieve put their dishes in the dishwasher and got her shoes on. "Do you have your shoes on Ollie?" She called as she looked for her purse. "Yes Mommy," Ollie called from his bedroom before she could hear the pitter patter of his footsteps running towards her. She smiled as she slung her purse over her shoulder and picked Ollie up. "Ok then! Let's go!" She said as she closed the door and locked it after them.

"I'm right here on this bench, ok?" Genevieve said as she sat down on a bench. Ollie nodded and ran off to the playground. He climbed up the stairs and slid down the slide, giggling all the way. Genevieve smiled and took a video of Ollie. Just as she was about to put her phone away, it started to ring. She picked it up and answered. "Hello?" She said. "Hey Jen," Sebastian's familiar voice said. Genevieve smiled. "Hey Seb, how are you?" She said with a smile. "Good. Where are you guys?" He said. He was stood outside their apartment door. "At the park. I figured moving would be a bit easier with some of Ollie's energy burnt out," Genevieve said with a laugh. Sebastian laughed and smiled. "Good idea. I was going to go to the grocery store. Do you need anything?" He asked. Genevieve thought for a minute. "I did our usual shop yesterday so I think we're ok. Actually, we're out of Cornflakes." She said. Sebastian nodded. "Got it. Well, text me when you're home, ok? I should be back in around a half hour or so," he said. Genevieve nodded. "Will do. See you soon," she said before she hung up the phone.

A little while later, Ollie was tired from his day at the park. Genevieve smiled as he lay his head on her shoulder. They were walking down the busy street of New York when she felt two large hands cover her eyes. She whipped her head around and laughed when she saw Sebastian stood behind her. "I thought that I was getting kidnapped in broad daylight!" Genevieve said with a laugh as Sebastian kissed her on the cheek. "Dada!" Ollie said, reaching towards Sebastian. "Hey bud! How was the park?" He said as he took Ollie from Genevieve's arms. "Good," Ollie said as he rested his head on Sebastian's shoulder. Genevieve smiled and took Sebastian's free hand. She smiled as they walked back to the apartments.

"Ok Ollie, last few boxes and then it's time to say goodbye to Apartment 17!" Genevieve called as she lifted a box out of her bedroom. Ollie groaned but picked up another box. It was very light, as were all of the boxes he had carried, but he was tired. He trudged out from their apartment into Sebastian's and placed the box on the floor. He was about to stomp back into the apartment when Sebastian scooped him up from behind. Ollie squealed as Sebastian ran around the apartment with Ollie in his arms. Genevieve smiled as she set her box down on the floor. When Sebastian eventually put Ollie back down, Ollie was definitely more tired, but in higher spirits. Genevieve kissed the top of his head as she followed him into their apartment. "Okay baby, this is the last box!" She said happily as she picked it up. "Say bye bye to the apartment!" She said, taking Ollie's hand. "Bye bye apartment!" He said with a giggle before Genevieve closed the door and locked it for the very last time. Sebastian smiled as he watched and took the box from Genevieve's arms. She smiled up at him and they walked into their new home.

A bit later on, it was time to return the keys to the front desk. "Come on Ollie!" Sebastian called as he and Genevieve waited outside the apartment. Ollie ran out to them and reached up to Sebastian. "Up Dada!" He said, giggling as Sebastian picked him up. "Dada?" A voice said from behind them. Genevieve turned around to see Jared stood there. "What are you doing here?" She asked angrily. "I was notified by my lawyers that the apartment I had bought was being sold. Care to explain, Genevieve?" He said, putting a bitter emphasis on the last word. Genevieve glared at him. "I'm done talking to you. I told you to leave us alone, Jared." She said, angrily. Sebastian glared at him and took Genevieve's hand. "We were just leaving. You should too." He said, leading Genevieve towards the elevator. "I don't think so, Sebastian. Or is it Dada?" He said, his voice full of scorn. Ollie whimpered and buried his face in Sebastian's shirt. "It's Dada. Something you will never be." Sebastian said, causing Jared to turn his head slowly with a look in his eye that Genevieve had never seen before. "Let's just go inside Sebastian," she said, pulling him toward Apartment 18. Sebastian followed, but kept glaring at Jared. Genevieve unlocked the door and walked inside, taking Ollie from Sebastian's arms. "Just close the door Sebastian," she whispered. Jared walked closer towards Sebastian, looking down at him. "Blood is thicker than water, Sebastian. Just remember that." He said with a smirk. Genevieve could see Sebastian's hands curling up into fists and she yanked his arm, pulling him inside. She set Ollie down and closed the door, leaving it open just a crack so she could say a few last words to Jared. She took a deep breath. "Jared," she began, looking him in the eyes. She had a softer tone than usual. She used to speak to Jared like this when he was angry. Something flickered across his eyes briefly, but he resumed his hard stance almost immediately. "We're happy. Finally, we're happy. You have a clean break, an out. No strings attached. I don't know why you're still hear. Ollie doesn't know you, he never will, but do you want his only memory of you to be bad? So please Jared, leave us be." She said. She reached out for his hand, but he quickly moved it out of her reach. He glanced through the crack at Ollie, whose face was buried in Sebastian's shirt, and sighed. He looked deep into Genevieve's eyes before he walked down the stairs. That was the last time any of them saw Jared. Genevieve sighed and closed the doors, locking it after her. She looked at Sebastian and smiled softly as he pulled her into a hug and kissed the top of her head. "We're gonna be ok, right?" He asked Genevieve. She nodded. "We're gonna be ok."