Chess Masters

Logan sat in the commons staring at the chess board in front of him before making his move. He then stood up and moved around the coffee table to the opposing side, after making his move he switched sides again.

"What are you doing?" Looking up the logical side saw Virgil standing by the bottom of the staircase looking at him.

"Playing chess" he answered before looking back to his board, trying to decide his next move.

"Don't you need two people to play?" Virgil asked, moving over to the coffee table.

"None of the others enjoy playing, and when they do tolerate me enough to play I am always able to beat them without fail."

Logan answered as he made his next move and switched seats. After moving one of his black chess pieces forward, he looked up to trade places again only to see Virgil seated across from him.

"Wha.. what are you doing?" He asked.

"Playing chess" Virgil smirked as he moved one of the white pieces in front of him.

Looking down at the board Logic stared at the movie Anxiety had made "that was a good move" he muttered as he focused on his turn.

-------

"How?" Logan asked in shock "how did you beat me?"

Virgil just leaned back against the base of the couch with a light smirk on his face "I'm Anxiety, Thomas' flight or fight. It's my job to be observant and look at every possible angle before making a choice." He explained "I'm always looking for threats on a daily basis. So in chess I am able to do the same."

"Fascinating," Logan said in a hush voice before looking up at his darker counterpart. "Rematch." And the two began to reset up their pieces.

-------

After that first chess match it wasn't unusual to see the two sides playing chess together in the common room. Both of them were pretty evenly matched which gave both of them a challenge. It was often split on who would win, or they would close on a draw.

Of course, the other had noticed their chess games. Patton was happy that the two of them found something that they could bond over, Roman and Remus just like to tease the two about them being nerds. Janus, on the other hand, would often sit and watch them.

You couldn't tell at first because Janus chose to sit and read while Logan and Virgil were playing. But after a few weeks he started making comments as they were playing, mostly on whatever move one chose to do.

Finally, after a couple of days of listening to Janus' comments Virgil just snapped and said "if you wanted to play you could just ask."

Janus scoffed and stood, moving over to where Vrigil was sitting. "Very well, move."

Rolling his eyes Virgil did so and Janus took his place and continued the game. Unsurprising, like Logan and Virgil the Deceitful side was quite good at chess and came very close to beating Logan.

After that Janus started playing with them.

------ 

A/N: Hey everyone, so sorry it's been so long since I've posted a one-shot. I've been really busy and most of my free time has been working on the last chapter for A Good Kid. But I found this in my drafts and decided to edit and post it.

Anyways, I hoped you enjoyed this. Also, I'm thinking of starting to write romantic one-shots as well. Would any of you be interested in that?

Take it easy Guys, Gals, and Non-Binary Pals. PEACE OUT!-Isabel