The Knitting Club

High School AU

Logan walked through the empty hallways of his High School, it had only been a couple of weeks since Logan had started going to this school and everything still felt big to him. Logically he knew that the school wasn't as big as his mind made it out to be and that by the time he graduated it would feel very small.

Unlike his fellow classmates, he did not attend the nearby Middle School that most of the freshmen and upperclassmen went too. He had moved here from California this summer so unlike his fellow sophomores, he didn't know anybody. His mothers have been trying to encourage him to make friends, but that was difficult because everyone already had a friend group of some kind. And none of them wanted to add the new kid to it.

Logan didn't mind though, he only had a couple of friends back in California and they all had busy schedules and as the years passed they didn't have time for him. Besides, Logan preferred to be alone. He was much more happy curling up with a good book than worrying about social interactions.

But that didn't matter to his two mothers as they insisted for him to join a club, saying that it would help him make friends. So to make his parents happy, he told them he was staying after school to try and join a club. Instead, he was going to see if one of his teachers was available to answer some questions about the homework.

Logan made his way down the hallway that his teacher's classroom was located. All the doors were closed and locked up tight and there was not a soul in sight He stopped walking when he saw the door he was looking was a couple of feet ahead of him and was wide open. Logan could hear voices from the room along with a strand clicking noise.

The voices were young-sounding, telling the teen that other students were residing there. He paused in the middle of the corridor, hearing voices laughing from inside. Trying to gain the courage to go in. This was exactly what he was trying to avoid, social interaction. Logan had no problem talking with adults (most of the time), it was other children his age he had a problem with. But he needed to talk to his teacher so he took a deep breath and walked through the door.

-------

Virgil laughed lightly at Roman's joke from his perch on the desk "that was bad Princey." He told him, the dramatic teen gasped in mock offense and started to retaliate when he was interrupted by the sound of someone clearing their throat. Roman went quiet and everyone turned to see a young teen standing in the doorway.

The teen had short, neat, brown hair and wore a long-sleeved, navy blue button-up. His hands were shaking slightly, not enough for anyone to notice but it showed Virgil that the kid was nervous. Going by his young-ish look the darkly dressed teen had to guess that he was around his age.

"Hey there." Joan said laying their work on the floor next to them "can we help you?"

"Uh yes.." The kid said, "I'm trying to find Mr. Sanders."

"You mean Thomas?" Patton asked, "yeah he's not here right now, he'll be back tomorrow."

"Did you need him for something?" Joan asked.

"Just to ask him a question about some homework, though I can ask him in class tomorrow." The teen replied, looking disappointed.

"Anything else we can help you with?" Virgil asked, "you look kind of lost."

"Yes, I'm fine. I'm just trying to think of what I should do next." The kid said.

"Why not go home?" Roman suggested.

He sighed "well my mothers wanted me to join a club to 'make some friends' but I am not interested in doing so. I planned to ask Mr. Sanders about my homework and tell my mothers that I went to a club but didn't like it."