prologue

PROLOGUE

October 29th, 1980.

Dumbledore arrived at the Potters, soaked in rainwater.

That autumn night was cold and rainy, the wind so strong it could knock even Hagrid down. The colorful fall leaves were falling off the trees, blowing away in the process. 

The house wasn't big nor small, it was just right for the family of three and soon to be four. It was in Godric's Hollow and the perfect place to hide out from the dark wizard after their only boy. 

Dumbledore knocked on the door of the cottage, hearing a muffled "who's there" from who he presumed was James Potter, a man with messy jet-black hair, hazel eyes, and round glasses. Dumbledore told the man who he was and the door opened slightly, and he quickly went inside, closing and locking the door instantly. 

The house was nicely decorated with furniture, pictures of their family and friends filling the room as well. They walked into the living room, where chairs were placed in a circle around the couches. There sat Lily, James's wife who had red hair and striking green eyes, and their young son Harry, who had James's black hair and Lily's distinct eyes. There also sat James's three best friends; Sirius Black, a male with long black hair and grey eyes, Remus Lupin, a male werewolf with light brown hair, amber eyes and some scars place randomly on his face, Peter Pettigrew, a man with brown hair and blue eyes and Lyra Lupin, who was on her father, Remus's lap. She looked identical to one of her dads; with tiny black hairs on her head but had both her fathers eyes; a grey and an amber eye.

"Why have you graced us with your presence Albus?"  Sirius asked sarcastically. 

"I come with terrible news. A prophecy has been found." He said as everyone's eyes widened. 

"WHAT!" They all exclaimed, making the two babies get scared.

"What are you talking about Albus?" Remus Lupin asserted, his boyfriend Sirius grabbing his hand.

"We learned of a prophecy. It speaks of a child born as the eighth month begins of 1980, who will be marked as Voldemort's equal and will be graced with extraordinary abilities. More powerful than most wizards, as they are a legacy of Lady Magic herself." Albus explained.

"You're joking, right?" James replied.

"Unfortunately, not James. In fact, I believe I know who it is about." He stated.

"Who?" Sirius asked.

"Your and Remus' daughter, Lyra."