chapter five: the match part one

An old man stood in what looked to be an older house. He was making tea when a light shone through the window of the house next door.

"Bloody kids." He murmured, throwing a rag on the table, grabbing keys and making his way over to the house.

He walked into the home, the place dark, and dusty. He was walking up the stairs when he heard voices mumbling.

"How fastidious you've become, Wormtail." one voice said. It was cold and dark.

"-As I recall, you once called the nearest gutter pipe home. Could it be that the task of nursing me has become wearisome for you?"

"Oh,no. No, no, my Lord Voldemort. I only meant perhaps if we were to do it without the girl-" A cowardly voice said. The man looked as if he was a cross between a rat and a man.

"No! The Lupin-Black girl is everything! It cannot be done without her. And it will be done. Exactly as I said." The same dark voice as before said, though he couldn't see him. Another man has come into view though. He had darker hair and looked much younger than the rat looking one.

"I will not disappoint you, my Lord." The younger looking man said.

"Good. First, gather our old comrades, send them a sign." The dark voice once again spoke, as a snake went straight by the old man's feet.

An unknown voice and language soon gets spoken into the air.

"-Nagini tells me the old Muggle caretaker is standing just outside the door." The dark voice says as the rat-man comes towards him and gives him a disgusting grin- an evil one.

"Step aside Wormtail, so I can give our guest a proper greeting." He says.

"AVADA KEDAVRA" The dark voice speaks as the old caretaker screams.

***

"Lyra! Lyra!" Lily screamed as Lyra began shaking and grabbing her scar. She soon opened her eyes and jumped in her seat.

"W..What happened?" Lyra stuttered, her mind trying to process what she had just seen.

"He escaped again!" She thought annoyingly.

"You were having a nightmare. Are you alright, sweetie?" James asked, a concerned look on his face.

'Yeah, yeah I'm fine." She lied. She hated lying to Lily and James but if she told them this, they would think she was crazy.

"You sure?" Lily asked, and Lyra nodded.

"Well, on that note we made it!" James exclaimed, stopping the car. We all got out and Harry and I ran towards the Burrow.

"Slow down!" Serena yelled to us as we continued running.

"Catch us ya slowpoke!" Harry and I yelled running, as Hermione, Ginny Ron and the rest of the Weasley's came out and hugged us.

"Hey guys! Hermione said smiling, as Ron yawned loudly.

"Hello! Tired I see, Ronald?" I said, looking at Ron.

"Piss off Lupin." He grumbled.

"Ouch. you kiss your mother with that mouth, Weasley?" I replied snarkily. He rolled his eyes and smiled.

"It's great to see you guys." Harry said at least.

"Yeah it is! Can't say Serena agrees though." I replied smirking as he turns to look at Serena who is staring down Ginny.

You could say they don't like each other. At all.

"Come on kids!" Arthur Weasley, Ron and Ginny's father, yelled.

We walked towards him and left the Burrow.

***

"Dad, where are we going?" Ron asked.

"Haven't the foggest. Keep up!" Arthur shouted.

"Arthur!" A unknown mans voice spoke.

"-It's about time, son." He walked towards us with a cane and huge backpack.

"Sorry Amos. Some of us had a bit of a sleepy start." Arthur replied as Ron yawned.

"-This is Amos Diggory everyone. Works with me at the Ministry." Arthur said as a boy jumped down from the trees. It was Cedric Diggory.

"And this strapping young lad must be Cedric, am I right?" He asked, hand out to shake Cedric's.

"Yes sir." Cedric replied, shaking Arthur's hand.

Hermione, Ginny, and I gave each other looks. Hermione and Ginny had dreamy looks in their eyes. They smiled.

He was hot. I have to admit but, not my type.

"This way." Cedric said and once again I'll have to admit, his voice was hot.

As I was walking I was stopped by Amos.

"Merlins beard! You must be Lyra Lupin- Black!" He exclaimed.

"Yes, sir." I stated.

"Great, great pleasure." He said, grabbing my hand to shake.

"Pleasure to meet you too, sir." I said, smiling.

***

We walked for what felt like ages. The sun wasn't even up yet!

"Yes, it's, uh just over there." Amos said.

The girls and I ran over to what looked like an old boot?

"Shall we?" Arthur said.

"Oh, yeah." Amos replied.

"We don't want to be late." Arthur said back.

"Come on nearly there now!" Amos vocalized.

"-Get yourself in a good position."

"Why are they standing around that manky old boot?" Lyra asked.

"That isn't just any manky old boot, mate." George responded.

"It's a Portkey." Fred said.

"Time to go." Amos yelled.

"What the bloody hell is a Portkey?" She uttered as everyone grabbed the boot.

"Ready after three." Amos said.

"-One."

"-Two"

"Lyra!" James exclaimed as Lyra grabbed on.

"-Three." All of a sudden they spun and everyone screamed.

After a few minutes, Arthur spoke.

"Let go Kids!"

"What!" Hermione screamed.

"Let goooo." He said before letting go.

I let go and began screaming, Harry following foot behind me. Soon everyone else let go.

We then hit the floor. Hard.

"Oof." I said, not in too much pain due to my high pain tolerance.

Arthur, Cedric, James, Lily and Amos came down practically flying. Yeah I know.

"I bet that cleaned your sinuses, eh?" James joked as Lily hit him in the ribs.

"Total shambles per usual." Amos replied.

Cedric than leaned his hands down to help offer Harry and I up.

"Thanks" We both said.