I battle my maths teacher to death

Perci POV

Okay, lets get one thing straight. I . Did . Not . Want . To . Be . A . FREAKING . Half blood. I did not want to fight in wars or die in quests. I wanted a peaceful life but looks like luck is not on my side. 

If you are reading this and you think you might be one of us close the book, hail a cab to Long Island or find your school satyr and come to safety. 

Don't say I didn't warn you... 

Hello ! 

My name Persephone Jackson. Call me that and I will gut you. So stick to Perci if you don't want to die in horrendous ways. 

I am twelve years old. Until a few months ago I was a boarding student at Yancy Academy for troubled students. Was I one ? Well you could say that I am a rebel and trouble finds me buuut I am also curious so that's how I always find myself in reckless situations that almost has me dying.          

I could start anywhere in my short troubled life but things started going really bad on one particular field trip. Our class was going to the Greek and Roman art and literature museum. One might say it was torture ( most yancy field trips were though )but I have loved mythology since preschool and Mr. Brunner was - our Latin teacher -  was leading it so I had really high hopes. He is the most cool teacher and gives of this vibe that makes any one interested in what he teaches. The only teacher that doesn't put me to sleep. Hey, give me a break, I have ADHD and Dyslexia.  

So I hoped trouble would not follow me and lady luck would give me a break... Naturally I was wrong. 

You see bad things happen to me on field trips. Once in fifth grade we went to the Saratoga battlefield and I had a teensy weensy accident with the war canon. It hit the bus and I was expelled. Jeez, they needed to take a chill pill and it was an accident for gods sake. And then before that in fourth grade we took a behind the scenes tour of the Marine World shark pool. Lets just say we took an unexpected dip in water. That's just the tip of the iceberg. 

So, you can imagine, this trip, I wanted to be good. 

The bus ride was just perfect. Two teachers and 24 challenged students, Note the sarcasm.

I even went as far as ignoring the kleptomaniac idiotic girl known as Nancy who was bullying Grover my best friend. I like him a lot ( eww not like that ) and I have had enough form that girl. From the time I came she was a living nightmare. She was pushing my buttons too far while throwing peanut butter sandwiches at Grover.  

He was an easy target. Hew was scrawny and cries when he is frustrated or scared. To top it off he is crippled but don't let that fool you. You should see how he runs on enchilada day. 

Anyway the crazy girl kept on throwing chunks of food on Grover's head. Why ? because she knew I couldn't do anything 'cause I was on probation. 

Finally I had enough with this cocky girl. She is gonna be dead before you could say Mississippi.

I am going to skin her alive I told Grover as I snarled quietly. 

Grover was calming me down while he dodged another chunk. 

Ok, that's it. " That's the last straw. I have had enough and you are going down Bobofit ". I started to get up when Grover pulled me down. " You're already on probation Perci, you know who is going to get blamed if anything happens ". I sighed as I sat down. I hated it when Grover made sense in situations like this. I also don't like disappointing my mom even if I would love to get expelled and be back in my home with mom. Even Smelly Gabe couldn't darken my days while being with mom.    

I was brought out of my thoughts when Mr. Brunner lead the class inside the museum. We stopped at one particular stele which I recognized as Kronos eating his children and the events that occurred after that. I was trying to listen to him but some people would not shut up cough *Nancy* cough. I told them to shut up and every time I did Mrs. Dodds the other chaperone would give me the stink eye. 

Mrs. Dodds was was 50 years old but she could drive a Harley straight into your locker and give you detention like no other. As soon as she came she decided that Nancy was little Ms. Perfect and I was the worst. I hated her. One time I even told Grover she is a monster and he agreed. 

Mr. Brunner then went on to explain the Golden age and how he was about to swallow his kids and that's when klepto girl snickered. I gave her one of my best glare and said " Will you just SHUT UP ? "

And, Yeah. It came louder than expected.

The whole group laughed at me and Mr. Brunner stopped. I kept on repeating ' OH NO OH NO OH NO' in my head. 

 " Ms. Jackson ", his voice questioning, " did you have comment ".

I felt my face heating up as I replied in a innocent tone " No sir ".

Mr. Brunner raise his eyebrow, trying to hide his smile and pointed towards a stele. " Then perhaps you could explain that to the class. 

I looked and mentally sighed, relieved that I recognized it. " That's Kronos eating his kids ".

"Yes", Mr. Brunner said, his voice prompting me to elaborate. " And that's because...?"

 " Umm, well Kronos was the Titan King and he swallowed his children because he was paranoid about losing his power. So, one day Lady Rhea hid Zeus and gave Kronos a rock to eat instead. After a few years Zeus decided to save his siblings so he gives the Crooked one a concoction that tricks Kronos into upending his stomach to get his siblings out - "

" Eww" I rolled my eyes and continued before I was very pleasantly interrupted. " So, there was a ware between the Titans and Gods. The Gods won ". 

Then klepto girl snickered " Nerd, Like someone is going to ask us why kronos ate his children in interviews. "

" And why yes Ms. Jackson, to paraphrase Ms. Bobofit's excellent question is this important in real life " Mr. Brunner asked, his eyes filled with mirth.

 "Busted" Grover muttered but the whole class heard. Nancy looked as red as a tomato as she hissed shut up. 

" I.. I don't know sir "

" Well half credit Ms. Jackson. " Mr. Brunner looked disappointed but I saw a sliver of proudness. Donno if that's a word. " Well look at the time. Its time for lunch. Mrs. Dodds would you lead them backs outside ? Thankyou ".  

We all headed outside when Mr. Brunner called. " Perci "

And here it comes... " You go Grover, I'll come in a min"

"Yes Mr. Brunner"

He had this look like he was searching your soul. Finally he answered me. " I understand you have a few problems Perci, but what I teach you is vitally important. I expect nothing but the best Persephone Jackson" 

I winced and mumbled about trying harder. On that happy note he sent me to lunch. 

I went out and sat next to Grover. " You got detention Perce "

" No, he wanted me to try harder but I just wish he would lay off. I mean I'm not normal "

After talking for a while the Bane of my EXISTANCE came. She dropped her lunch on me and I mean I tried to stay cool. I even did the whole count to ten thingy. But I just cracked and the next thing I know Nancy had the luxury of sitting in the fountain shouting her head of about how I pushed her. 

Next thing I know I am following Mrs. Dodds inside the Museum. I am not even paying attention as she scolds me. Suddenly  she growled and turned into.. into a... " F... Fu.. Fu.. Fury " 

" Yes, Persephone Jackson. Surrender and you will suffer less "

" I don't know what you are talking about " " Wrong Answer "

Suddenly Mr. Brunner and Grover burst through the door. He threw something at me and shouted " Uncap it "

I was immobilized in fear and then my instincts went overdrive. I slashed at it and then suddenly I was inside alone. It was like a dream. How much ever I pinched myself nothin happened. After standing there for a while, it all came crashing down on me.