I am offered quest

A majestic white horse... a golden eagle... it swooped in... the ground started shaking... my mom disappeared in a golden shower...

KNOCK . KNOCK . KNOCK .

I woke up suddenly and the noise stopped. Huh ! Must have been my imagination. Remembering everything I get of my bed dejected. I changed into a black ripped jeans and a hoodie. Nearly seconds later the conch horn sounded signaling breakfast. I made my way to the eating area after making sure my hair and face was not a mess. I almost reached when Ms. Annoying ( Annabeth ) cut me off.

" Hello Perci " she sneered ate me. " where are you lackeys... or should I say friends ? "

Before she could continue I replied in a low but scary tone. " Not one more word about my friends or family. Oh and SHOVE OFF Chase. " Normally I'd ignore her but today was a bad day for her to insult my friends after the incident with my mom.

I sat down in my seat at the Poseidon's table. Everyone... well mostly everyone stared at me.

" What ? " I snapped. I know most of them were talking about the hell hound situation and some of them about the scene that just happened. They all looked away and that's when Luke, Ethan and Grover slid in or opposite to me.

" Hey Heros, whats up ? "

" Heros ? that's new " 

I just shrugged and smiled hoping they would go away and not bring up the topic. I figured Luke would have told Ethan and Grover. 

" So, I wanted to talk about yesterday. Also all of us know too. "

I groaned internally. ' Great '. I somehow needed to change the topic . 

" Hey Ethan. Do you like Nyssa ? I've how you look at her since the game. "

He blushed but at the same time he spoke softly addressing me. " Don't change the topic sis. " He looked at the other two and took a breath. " You need to see the oracle. After the dreams your having I would say you need a quest. "

" I already know " I blurted out, and the next moment wishing I could shut my mouth. 

 " What do you mean ? " Luke asked. 

" Hey Grove, how was your trial ? "

" Mr. D just said that our fates are aligned. And don't even think about changing the topic again Perce. "

I just sighed and spoke softly. " Zeus and Poseidon have been fighting. The weather has been weird since Christmas. And Zeus is blaming me. " What I didn't tell was the talks with Aphrodite that gave me the hints. 

" Its her quest guys. This information was only known by satyrs, Chiron and Mr. D. " Grover informed us. 

Then Ethan spoke calmly. " You have to talk to Chiron. These quests are very dangerous sis. "

Luke looked ready to burst out with fury...

I gave them a reassuring smile as I headed to the Big house.

🔮🔮🔮

We all went to the Big House where Chiron was waiting. 

" Chiron I need an audience with the oracle. "

" I know dear. After your audience with the oracle come down and tell us assuming you are still sane."

So, that's how I was in the attic standing in front of a shriveled mummy that gave me the creeps. 

I felt like leaving when the mummy opened its mouth. ' I am the spirit of Delphi, speaker of the prophecies of Phoebus Apollo, slayer of the mighty Python. Approach, seeker, and ask. '

I steeled my nerves and and asked. " What is my destiny ? "

Green smoke started pouring out of her mouth and shaped into Gabe and his buddies. I held back a whimper and cracked my knuckles. Its just mist. 

' Four shall go west, and face the god who has turned,

You shall find what was stolen, and see it safely returned,

You shall be betrayed by one who calls you an ally.

And you shall fail to save what matters most, finally.  '

The smoke receded and I was left alone with the words ringing in my head. 

Author's Note - Question of the Day...

What nickname would you give to Luke ? 

( Pls comment. I would love to read the responses )