A Dysfunctional Family

Perci POV

I kept drifting in and out of consciousness. 

The first time I was conscious I noticed many voices around me talking in excited whispers. They were muffled at first but I could figure out the first two voices were mischievous and cheeky. Maybe sons of Hermes.

Finally I could hear the words properly.

" Shut it, guys. You might wake her, " a new rich and soothing voice hushed those two up. I wanted to see who they looked like but my gut told me that I might hear more if I feigned sleep. And my gut has never lead me astray, so I listened to it.

" Aww, Luke, you're killing the mood here, " one of the two similar voices said. Maybe they were twins or full blooded brothers.

" Travis, just go find your Strawberry or something, " the new voice said, hinting on exasperation. Maybe he was Luke.

" Haha! Luke has a point there. Come on, Bro! I'll help you bag a certain daughter of Demeter ".

" Hey! Thats not what I - ! Connor, let go! You're missing valuable blackmail material here !  ".

" Yeah, but I get blackmail over you, so its a better deal for me ".

" Connor, I'm older than you ! Listen to me ! CONNOR - ! ".

Their voices were blocked as the door creaked open and close. I had a little strength so I decided to speak. " Those two were quite the spectacle, right Luke ".

He jumped a little.

" Yup, their a big entertainment in camp. Anyways I.. uh.. you were conscious when they were talking right ? So from where did you hear ? ".

" From when you told them to shut up. Why, did they get a little blackmail over you ? " I asked cheekily.

" Maybe, maybe not ". He replied cheekily too.

" Just help me up ". My voice was still a little raspy.

" Woah there you need to rest. Will said you got a nasty concussion and have a few bruised. First have some nectar and then we can see ".

He put the glass in my hand and yup, it slipped through my hands. I closed my eyes shut not wanting to see it break into a thousand pieces. But the sound never came. I curiously opened my eyes only to see Luke caught it.

" Here I'll hold it and you sip ".

" Thanks " I said. 

" Find me after you fully rested ". I just nodded and finished the drink. Then Luke told me to rest and went outside. And again I slipped out of consciousness.

Next time it was when Chiron - how did I know ? Well there is only one legendary centaur who teaches heroes. My life is already messed up so obviously this could be possible - and a girl. I guessed it according to their voices. She was furiously whispering to my ex - Latin teacher. 

" Chiron ! Why did you help her ? Are you telling me that this is the someone special I should be waiting for ? She looks nothing like Lord Zeus or Thalia ! " she said in an angry voice.  

" Annabeth, my dear, listen to yourself. You are accusing Lord Zeus of committing the same crime that led to Thalia's fate. Dear child you honestly think that the gods would let something like that happen willingly to their own children ? ". The calm voice of Chiron washed over my senses, making me mentally smile. Seriously you couldn't even be angry. Trust me I have tried. 

" Then look at the Hermes cabin Chiron. I hate to say it but the gods don't care about us " the girl said vehemently. 

" Child, you're a daughter of Athena. Surely you know of the consequence of harboring such thoughts ? " Chiron's voice had a warning edge to it.  Well, I can't blame her but man, she's way harsher with the whole ' My parent is a God and does not care about me at all '.