Capture the Flag

Perci POV 

I woke up to someone poking me. It sounded like Ethan. 

" Wake up sis ".

" Get lost " I murmured, wanting more sleep. 

" If you don't get up now, I'll dump water on you ". That's what they all say.  

" Yeah, Yeah "

After a second, cool water came crashing on me. I woke up grumbling. " Fine. Wait for a moment. I'll go change ". 

" How about I come with or do you prefer Luke ? " Connor teased. 

I just glared at him and everybody shuddered. " Dang ! " Luke whistled " You sure are grumpy ".

I just ignored him and dressed in a lime tank top and white denim shorts. Finally I went out looking decent enough. 

By the time no one was there except Luke and Ethan.

Ethan looked at me for a while before saying " Where did you get that ? "

" Silena let me choose some clothes which I liked. Why ? ". 

" You're not wearing that " he deadpanned. 

" Why not ? "

" Cause, I said so ". 

" I am wearing this ". 

" No, your not "

" Am yes "

" No, your not "

" Am yes "

That's when Luke decided to intervene. " Okay that's enough. Ethan just give her some covering clothes ".

" Hey ! you're supposed to be on my side ". I then looked at Ethan and pouted giving my baby seal eyes. 

" Those don't work one me sis " Ethan remarked. 

I just groaned. " Fine, what do you want me wear ? " . He threw me a jacket and some jeans.

I changed and went to Luke's bed. " Happy ! Well now let me sleep. " I flopped on Luke's bed as he looked at me in amusement. Oh gods why does he have to look so good, I asked myself. 

" We have to go for breakfast sis. I am not taking no for an answer. Luke help me here. "

" Hey you got it under control. Don't drag me into this. I'm going, Oh and seashell be careful. Ethan can make you do whatever he wants. "

Then Luke walked out the door and Ethan just sighed in exasperation. " If you don't get of that bed right now, I'm going to make you " he threatened. 

" I dare you " I said. After 5 mins of silence I relaxed and went to sleep when I felt I was moving. I was in Cabin Eleven though thankfully. I knew who it was. Ethan threw me over his shoulders as I shouted.

" Ethan put me down ".

I started kicking and thrashing when I finally gave up.

" I will only put you down when you promise you'll come with me to the pavilion ".

I groaned, " Fine ".

When we reached the pavilion the full Hermes cabin looked at me amused. Then Travis broke the ice by teasing me. 

" Hey ! Does anyone need water ? "

I just groaned and put my head in my hands. Luke patted my back in mock assurance. Finally we finished and I pulled Luke and Ethan out of the whole group. 

" Aww does someone need a little reassurance ? " Luke said teasing me. 

" Don't even think about it " I growled. " By the way don't we have classes ? ". 

For me daily, I would take ancient Greek from Malcom. On my first day I tried Archery but to no use. All the Apollo kids just laughed it of when my arrows went haywire. Next I tried foot racing and boy they left me in the dust. When I asked them if they had practice with gods on their heels they laughed confirming my suspicions. Wrestling ? No can do. Clarisse wiped the floor with me. I was particularly good with the lava wall and canoeing. 

I just stuck with Ancient Greek and Sword fighting though. Then after that I would just hang out with Luke, Ethan, Stolls, Silena, Clarisse, Beckendorf and Grover would just hang out.  

I was brought out of my musings when we went to the arena. Most of the Hermes cabin was there. 

I removed my jacket as Luke called me. He started teaching the others moves while using me as a dummy - sorry ! did I say dummy ? I meant partner. 

By the time Luke called out a break I was sweating buckets  and my shirt stuck to me. Connor started whistling. " Damn Perci, your smokin' hot. All you have to do is strut and poor Luke will will be head over heals for you ". Travis nodded while whistling. Well until Ethan smacked both of them on their heads. " Behave " he said with a pointed gaze. They just turned and started whistling innocently. He just sighed and threw me a shirt. " Change " he said strictly. Talk about overprotective brothers. 

I just splashed water on my face and changed. Luke called me on and he taught us a new method. Surprisingly I beat him and everyone were shocked. 

Then Travis broke the silence by asking what was that. Ethan just replied with a smirk " The birth of a new competition ".

Suddenly the conch horn sounded. The cold wind blew against my bare face and I shuddered involuntarily as we made our way to the pavilion. 

After dinner was over we were getting ready for capture the flag.

 ☀️☀️☀️

It is determined. All hail Persephone Jackson, Daughter of Poseidon, God of the Sea, Earthquakes and one of the Big Three.

All my friends looked at me in concern. 

Long story short.

Hermes Cabin won, turns out I'm a daughter of Poseidon, Luke looks like a god, Aphrodite wants to talk to me and....

Everyone is staring at me like a zoo animal.

I packed everything and went to Cabin 3. I smiled wistfully at my time in the Hermes Cabin. Sure it was only 3 days but I missed how Luke would beat me in every spar, how I would hangout with most of them. I just wish my close friendships won't change. 

I tried going to sleep. Keyword tried. 

I remember Aphrodite talking to me wanting some company. I advised her to talk to Hephaestus. Turns out she is pretty intellectual. From that day I sacrifice food to Hermes - for letting me use his cabin, Hestia, Aphrodite and Poseidon. 

After one particularly long talk with Aphrodite I succumbed to sleep.