1. Prologue

Auther's note: I do not own Naruto, but the plot I have created is mine. This is a Sasuke x Sakura fanfiction.

~Reworked....grammar correction~

XXXXX

It was the middle of the night. The wind blew through the trees, and everyone was asleep in their homes. Two people stood in the streets, facing each other right under the shining moon. Sakura had tears running down her cheeks, pleading with the one she loved not to leave her. Scared that he was slipping into the darkness, all she could do was stand and watch, confessing her love for him and begging him not to leave the village. However, seeing there was no seed of doubt in his mind that she could bloom, she only had one option left.

"I'll help you with your revenge, just please stay," She paused. "And if you can't..." She was so overwhelmed, she didn't even know what was coming out of her mouth. She took a deep breath and finally finished her sentence, "Take me with you, Sasuke-kun."

Slowly, he turned around and told her in his usual monotone voice, "You're annoying." He took a brief moment to stare at the weeping girl, then turned around and walked slowly away, away from her and the village.

"Don't leave me!" she yelled, taking a few steps forward to Sasuke. "If you go! I'll scream and-"

In the blink of an eye, he disappeared and reappeared behind Sakura.

"Sakura," he whispered. "Thank you for everything."

Sakura's eyes widened, wondering why he was thanking her. Sasuke was about to knock her unconscious when Sakura quickly turned around, knocking his hand away in progress and jumped a few meters back. Sasuke was shocked at her quick movements but masked his emotions immediately and asked her why she was doing this just for him.

"I'm not going to let you do this alone. Besides, I also want to get stronger. I need to get stronger," she answered with determination in her eyes. Sasuke noticed it and got a little interested before giving a little smirk and walking past her.

"Just don't get in my way."

Sakura turned around, shocked to hear this, too shocked to even move. 'Does this mean I can go with him?' She watched the Uchiha walking away, still not understanding what just happened.

"Yes!" she yelled with heartfelt decision and ran to catch up to him. As Sasuke walked out of the village, he stopped to ask Sakura for the last time if she was sure she wanted to do this, if she was ready to betray the village, her friends, and family. Was she ready to live a life of hatred, because this was her last chance to turn back.

She closed her eyes and thought about her family and her friends. She made up her mind. With a smile and determination lacing her voice she answered, "I don't mind, as long I'm with you. I told you already, I'm not going to let you do this alone".

He looked at her apprehensively. When he saw that she really had made up her mind, he walked further. Before she followed Sasuke, Sakura turned around to have one last remorseful look at the village, 'Naruto, Kakashi, Mom, Dad...I'm sorry,' she thought. Sakura closed her eyes, took a deep breath, and followed Sasuke.

XXXXX

They walked up a hill outside the village where they met four Sound Shinobi. Sakura didn't know what to do when she saw them. 

'Who are they?' she thought.

The first ninja was odd. He had black hair and so many arms, like a spider. The second one had silver hair, but nothing else seemed odd about him. The third one was big, bigger than Choji and had orange hair. The last one, the only female in the group, had dark red hair. The one with silver hair first spoke. He apologized to Sasuke for their first encounter.

"What's with the change of attitude? Whatever, let's go," said Sasuke, walking past them.

The guy with the spider-like arms stopped Sasuke and told him that Orochimaru never said anything about someone else coming along.

"She has the same goal and seeks power from Orochimaru. She came of her own free will," explained Sasuke without looking back at Sakura.

Sakura knew this was going to happen. She needed to think of something fast, or she'd get left behind, or worse, get killed. She knew she had to drop the sweet girl act if she wanted to get stronger, if she wanted to stay by Sasuke's side. She moved her face from view, her bangs falling into her face as laughter escaped her lips.

Everyone, including Sasuke, looked at her confusedly, wondering what she was planning. The one with dark red hair wanted to say something to Sakura but was cut off when Sakura revealed her face. She had such a bloodlust expression in her eyes, and it startled all the shinobi.

"Do you have a problem with that? I followed him on my own. I want to get stronger, and Orochimaru is the key for that. You want to stop me? Go ahead, I dare you. But I promise you this; Orochimaru would have been delighted if he knew I was seeking him. And if he finds out that one of you killed me." She paused and walked past them, standing next to Sasuke.

"Who knows what he might do to you," she finished with the darkest tone she had ever used in her life.

The dark-haired girl wanted to attack Sakura just to show how weak she was and how she needed to respect the older and stronger shinobi, but she had underestimated Sakura and let her guard down. Sakura used that opportunity to smash that girl's face into the ground and grabbed one of her arms in a death grip.

"You wouldn't mind if I break one of your arms, would you?" she asked with her dark tone, accompanied by a bright smile, as if she was enjoying the situation. Sasuke was shocked to see this and quickly masked his expression, acting as if it didn't impress him and he didn't care about it. The silver-haired one began to like Sakura even more.

Before the dark-haired girl could do anything, Sasuke stepped in, saying that they shouldn't waste more time. The fat guy and the spider-armed guy agreed with him. The silver-haired one told the redhead to drop it and asked Sakura to let her go. Sakura complied, got up from her, and walked past them. Sasuke gave a little smirk, thinking things were getting more interesting. The silver-haired one allowed Sakura to join them, but on one condition: "Don't get in our way, or you'll die."

Meanwhile, Sakura tried to catch her breath. She was so scared and couldn't believe what she just did, but also elated that she had been 'accepted'. She was glad she was able to stay with Sasuke, but sad about her friends and family. She shook off her thoughts about the village. She had already made her decision; she couldn't back down now, especially after she had done that to the sound ninja girl, knowing the sound Shinobi were too strong.

"Let it begin," said Sasuke, looking back at the village before departing, making their way to Orochimaru.

'Let it begin? What have I gotten myself into?' thought Sakura. 'But I don't have a choice. This is the only way, before I...before I...'

~To Be Continued~

Thank you for reading! This is just the beginning, that's why it's a little short.

Comment! Follow! and stay awesome!