9. On The Move

Sasuke walked out of the hideout and saw his group waiting for him and Sakura. Karin looked frustrated to see them alone.

"Where is Sakura?" Suigetsu inquired. Sasuke didn't respond and carried on walking. Shortly after, Sakura emerged from the hideout and joined the group, prompting Sasuke to address them.

"From now on, the five of us will move as one, and our group will be known as Hebi. Hebi has one purpose only," he stated, pausing for emphasis, "To find Uchiha Itachi."

As Sasuke turned away and gestured for them to follow, he had a destination in mind. Suigetsu noticed Sakura falling behind and realized she was intentionally lagging. Slowing down to match her pace, he asked if she was okay.

"I'm fine... Just thinking," she replied briefly, before picking up her speed to catch up with the rest of the group.

XXXXXX

Night fell, and the team halted to rest and set up camp. The atmosphere was tranquil. Jugo sat beneath a tree, gazing at the stars. Suigetsu, fatigued from the long journey and burdened by his sword, reclined on the grass not far from the fire. Sasuke remained his usual quiet self, lost in contemplation. Karin, meanwhile, couldn't help but watch Sasuke, lost in daydreams of him making a move on her. Sakura perched on a tree branch, deep in thought.

The peace was short-lived. Karin and Suigetsu soon began to argue, disrupting the quietude. Unwilling to tolerate their quarreling, Sakura snapped at them to be quiet.

"Hmph, don't boss me around," retorted Karin. Sensing Sakura's irritation, Suigetsu opted to stay silent. Sasuke also acknowledged the tension but remained silent.

"Sasuke-kun, why did you bring her along? You just needed me, right?" Karin inquired, directing her gaze at Sasuke.

"Can you please stop flirting, it's annoying. He doesn't like it, we don't like it and most of all no one likes you!" Sakura interjected sternly, standing up on the tree branch.

"How do you know what he likes and doesn't like? You're just jealous that I'm more of a use than y-" Karin's sentence was abruptly cut off as Sakura swiftly appeared in front of her and pinned her throat against a tree.

"Finish that sentence, I dare you. Let me remind you, before you do so. I am strong. In fact, I'm stronger than you. I haven't harmed you until now because Sasuke asked me to be patient. But I'm not in the mood right now. You can flirt all you want for all I care, but not here and especially not now. I can end this so swiftly that you won't have the chance to utter your final words." Sakura growled menacingly, tightening her grip around Karin's neck.

Sasuke intervened, grabbing Sakura's hand and insisting she release Karin. Sakura initially glared at him, then sighed and complied. She attempted to walk away from the camp, but Sasuke held onto her wrist, preventing her escape.

"What do you want now, Sasuke?" she asked, refusing to meet his gaze..

"Your temper needs to die down and I-"

"Right now, you can't calm me down. You might be the only one who can, but right now, you need to let me go, before I do something you don't want me to." She threatened, her eyes locked onto his, conveying her sincerity.

She departed the moment he released her wrist. Suigetsu hastened to catch up with Sakura and asked about her well-being. After a brief pause, she admitted, 

"I'm weak..." Her voice quivered with frustration. As her pace quickened, Suigetsu matched it, but she snapped, "Don't follow me!"

Suigetsu halted abruptly, momentarily taken aback by Sakura's outburst, and observed her disappearing into the forest. He then noticed Sasuke's presence and addressed him.