09 || pawn ||

A strange unknowingly known girl with those long black wave stands in front of me, with her back in my view. My breath halts as I take a step back.

What I am seeing? Why I am seeing this?

Her sobs fill the room choking me, making me fight for my next. The war is going outside as I can see her shivering, for once I want to hug her tight, tell her it's gonna be alright. As if she heard she turns around and I lost the last breath left in me.

Her face is turned blue and black, black patches covered her body. Someone that beaten her with no mercy. Her honey-brown eyes seem lifeless to me, as the winds stopped their tracks as they witness the destruction, I stepped back.
    The girl seems broken to me, then slowly she walks past me, taking out my old scalpel.

No, stop her my mind screams, but I didn't, let her died, let her end her pain, my heart whispers.

Then slowly blood slides out of her left wrist. For she had sinned, as she turns I let my tears fall as the universe cries along.

The broken girl resembles my mirror image. A girl of hardly eighteen springs who has lost all her hope.

And then she screams as the sky roars along, a scream of betrayal, a roar of the pain, of agony. A scream left my lips.

A scream left my lips as I sit up straight on my bed, drenched in sweat, panting as if someone was choking me for long. Then I heard it again, the scream, the roar.

And as another roar strikes the land I shiver, whispering something I don't make sense about. No, no please go away.

My world crumbles down near my feet as the sky pours its heart out in my pain. Slowly I turn my left wrist, and it's there, Pheonix, the inked skin, the scar. I sucked my breath as I cease it softly, closing my eyes tightly.

For everything had ended but the scream still haunts me. I bite my lips trying to control my sob. Khwashish Raizada doesn't cry over the past.

A decade had passed but the pain, the scream had stayed. The scenes play a troll before my eyes again, the whips, Baba beating me to death, Maa cursing me, and then I heard it, Armaan calling me by names.

Another scream passed among the winds carrying the years of pain in them. The taunts still whisper somewhere in the air making my heart bleed, the whipping pangs. I am losing my sanity again.

I bring my knee near my chest hugging them tightly. As a clue my phone rings, I bring it out from under my pillow.

4.30 AM. It says. Ansh calling. I gulped my tears as I receive the call, only to hear his pants.
I am not the only one.

"Khwab" He whispers as if trying to catch the last breath as if fighting for the last air before drowning into the deep sea, the deep sea of pain and suffering, the sea where the demons are coming from.

"Ansh" I whisper as if I am trying to float in the sea of agony.

And then slowly, silence engulfs us, breezes slow down, the hushed screams started to fade away as I can feel my breath back, I can feel him getting his breath back. To say that we were those vagabonds ruined under the strain of life, but we found each other in such a way that's an edge to say, retiring to the place where we had to come every time.

In the sea full of pain, we are each others' ashore of relief. A sob left my lips as I can feel him in pain.

"It's gonna be fine when you get back to me." He said, assuring us both.