Chapter 2 - Anything Is Possible

I ran down the hall after Peter, praying that Mrs. Macready wouldn't catch me. If she did, well my life would be over. She would probably rip me to shreds.

I finally saw him about to walk into his room, but he looked over when he heard me coming towards him. You could tell how stressed and confused he was. I couldn't help, but be worried about him.

"Are you alright?" I asked.

"Yes.. no... I don't know. It's just hard to watch her get upset over something that isn't real. I've never seen her get this upset about anything." He said.

"Well.... have you ever thought that maybe she wasn't lying?" I asked.

Peter looked at me with shock and confusion. I know that it sounds crazy, but.... I think I believe Lucy.

"Do you believe her?" Peter asked me.

"I don't know. Lucy is a sweet girl, and I don't know her that well, but she doesn't seem like the type of person to lie. The way she said it made it sound like she was telling the truth. I think if she was making it up, then she wouldn't have sounded so serious when you guys said you didn't believe her. Am I right when I say that she doesn't seem like the type of girl to lie?" I asked him.

"Yes. She never lies to anyone, but it's just impossible. How could there be a magical forest with fauns in the back of a wardrobe?"

"I see what you're saying, but who do you believe more? Your beliefs or your sister?" I asked.

He didn't answer me, but he just kept his head down. I could tell what my answer was, so I just sighed and placed my hand on his shoulder. He looked up and placed his gentle gaze on me.

"Just think about it, alright?"

He nodded his head and I gave him a small smile, which he returned. I turned around an started walking back to my room. I just hope he thinks about what I said. I know that it sounds impossible, but something was telling me that Lucy was telling the truth. Why would she get upset over something she made up? It just doesn't make sense.

"Hey!" I heard when I opened my door. I jumped and saw Marcel sitting on my bed.

"You have got to stop doing that!" I said, holding a hand up to my chest.

"Like I said, the view is better in here. We need to talk." He said, motioning me to sit down next to him on my bed. I sighed and sat down on the bed next to him.

"What's up with you and Peter?" He asked.

"What? Nothing."

"Really? Is that why you guys were holding hands back there, and you can't stop gazing at him. I'm not stupid. I know a crush when I see one." He said with a smirk forming on his face.

"I don't have a crush on him! I mean, he's very cute, but I just met him! I hardly know him!" I argued. It was true though. Peter was very cute, but I didn't even know how old he was! How can I have a relationship with someone if I hardly know them?

"Then you should get to know him! Plus, I don't blame you. He's a pretty cute guy, but maybe you should try getting to know him. Maybe things will turn out different than you think." He said, giving me a nudge on my shoulder.

I nodded my head and he put his arms around my shoulders. I giggled and wrapped my arms around his waist. He leaned back so we both fell on the bed, which made us burst into laughter.
We laid there for a moment, but then I started thinking about Lucy. I sighed and sat up.

"What do you think about the wardrobe?" I asked him.

"Well, what do you think? Because I think you won't believe what I'm about to say-" He started.