Chapter 9 - Deep Magic & Father Christmas.

Marcel's P.O.V.

The witch has locked Edmund and I in the dungeon. We were both places in the same room with our ankles chained together. We were placed on opposite sides of the room, and we were each given a tray of some sort of stale bread and a mug filled with what was supposed to be water, but now was frozen solid. Edmund and I hadn't spoken a word to each other. I could tell that he was very confused and upset on why the witch had tricked him. He thought that she had understood him, but she really hadn't cared about a thing he had told her.

My mind was still trying to wrap around what she had told me earlier. Did I believe that she was my mother? I really had no clue. It would explain why this place seemed so familiar and why I have felt more of myself here. But the fact that she is my mother wasn't exactly the reason I was looking for.

I heard coughing from Edmund, which made me look up at him. He had taken a bite of his bread, but as suspected, it was stale and disgusting. I sighed and saw my breath in front of me, but somehow I was still warm. I didn't have my jacket. I was only in my button up shirt, vest, and khakis, but I somehow felt too hot. I picked up my mug for the first time, but the strangest thing happened. As soon as I held the mug in both of my hands, the ice began to melt immediately. A couple of moments later, it was now water again. How in the world did that happen?

"Ed." I said to him. He looked up at me, and I scooted over to him. I handed him the mug of water, and he seemed shocked.

"How did you-" He began to ask, but then stopped.

"I'm not sure. Drink up." I told him. He took a large drink out of the mug, and he immediately felt better now that the stale taste was out of his mouth. We heard someone clear their throat, which made us look to the window next to our cell.

"If-If you two aren't going to eat that-" A man who had goat legs said from the cell next to us. His legs were tied up as well. I was still surprised from the things that I saw here. Edmund and I grabbed our bread and scooted over to the window. The man scooted over as well, and we handed him our bread.

"I would get up, but uh... my legs." He said to us. I looked at his legs again and he has a red scarf around his neck. I remembered what Lucy had told us about Narnia, and then I knew who the man was.

"Mr. Tumnus." I said to him. He gave me a small smile.

"What's left of him." He said to me as he ate his bread. He looked over at Edmund and he stopped eating, "You're Lucy Pevensie's brother."

Edmund nodded, "I'm Edmund."

"You have the same nose," he said to him. He looked back over at me and his eyes widened, "You're the witch's son. You're Marcellus."

This had taken me by surprise. As strange as it felt, I nodded my head because apparently, that's who I was.

"The last I heard about you and your sister was that you disappeared. There were many rumors about what happened to you." He told me, which made me curious.

"What kind of rumors?" I asked him as my arms wrapped around my legs.

"There were rumors that the witch was keeping you captive inside the castle. That she was training you for her army to defeat Aslan when the time came. There were also rumors that you were with Aslan, and he was protecting you." He told me.

"We-we were in a different world." I told him, not really sure what to say to him.

"Lucy Pevensie's world." He said to me. I nodded my head and Mr. Tumnus turned back to Edmund.

"Is your sister alright?" He asked him, which made Edmund look at him, "Is she safe?"

"I don't know." Edmund said, the words barely coming out.