Chapter 6 - The Prophecy.

Hazel's P.O.V.

Mrs. Beaver pulled me inside, and I laughed as I pulled Peter behind me. We bent down and walked inside the small dam. The ceiling almost hit Peter's head, and there was a small table with some chairs right in the middle of the dam. The fireplace was lit, which made the dam very warm. We needed a break from the cold.

"Please, children. Have a seat, and make yourselves at home." Mrs. Beaver said politely.

Peter helped me take off my coat, and I thanked him with a smile. I sat down in one of the small chairs and Lucy and Peter sat on either side of me. Mrs. Beaver started getting our plates ready, and Mr. Beaver sat down with a mug full of coffee.

"Is there anything we can do to help Mr. Tumnus?" Peter asked Mr. Beaver as Susan sat down. Marcel and Edmund were just now walking in, and taking off their coats. Marcel gave me a small smile to reassure me that everything was alright.

"They'll have taken him to the Witch's house. You know what they say. There's few that go through them gates that come back." Mr. Beaver answered.

"Fish n' chips!" Mrs. Beaver said cheerfully as she placed a plate in front of Lucy. The little girl looked down at the plate, and she looked upset. Mrs. Beaver placed her hand on top of Lucy's small one.

"But there is hope, dear. Lots of hope." Mrs. Beaver said to Lucy, which made her smile and Mr. beaver nearly choke on his drink.

"Oh yeah, there's a right bit more than hope!" Mr. Beaver said loudly before looking at all of us seriously, "Aslan is on the move."

Aslan. Just the name sent a warm feeling through me. It was like a sense of home and belonging, but who was Aslan?

"Who's Aslan?" Edmund asked, speaking for all six of us, but Mr. Beaver started to laugh loudly.

"Who's Aslan?" Mr. Beaver said laughing loudly but Mrs. Beaver slapped his arm and gave him a hard glare. When he saw the confused looks on our faces, he looked very surprised.

"You really don't know?" He asked us shockingly.

"Well, we haven't exactly been here very long." Peter answered.

"Well, he's only the king of the whole wood. The top geezer! The real king of Narnia!" Mr. Beaver said as if we were stupid.

"He's been gone for a long time!" Mrs. Beaver said to us.

"But he's just got back, and he's waiting for ye near the stone table!" Mr. Beaver said to us, and we all looked at each other puzzled.

"He's waiting for us?" Lucy asked him.

"You're bloomin' joking! They don't even know about the prophecy!" Mr. Beaver exclaimed.

"The prophecy?" I asked.

"Look, Aslan's return, Hazel and Marcellus's return, Tumnus arrest, the secret police. It's all happening because of you!" Mr. Beaver exclaimed and that caught my attention even more. What did he mean mine and Marcel's return?

"You're blaming us?" Susan asked him.

"No, not blaming! Thanking you!" Mrs. Beaver said.

"There's a prophecy. When Adam's flesh and Adam's bone sits at Cair Paravel in throne, the evil time will be over and done." Mr. Beaver said.

"You know that doesn't really rhyme." Susan said and I tried to hold in my laugh. Mr. Beaver sighed in annoyance.

"You're kind of missing the point!" Mr. Beaver said.