Trio Trouble (Chapter Five)

"Can we move on now? I'll handle it later.." I replied with my back turned to them. I carefully study the upgrades on the suit.

"Jarahn, this is a personal thing...you can easily take a break from this hero stuff if you need to," Jaden said,

"Yeah. We can cover for you...this is a serious matter. You gotta talk to them." Jasahn insisted.

And this is why I didn't wanna tell them. Being a hero distracts me from these kinds of things and helps me focus on bigger matters. The world doesn't revolve around me. I can just ignore all of my petty problems.

"Jarahn, we're here for you," Karen said as she held my hand.

"Yeah, kid. Sounds like some serious drama...if you don't wanna handle it now, that's fine. But please make sure you get it done." Officer Sam said. I grinned to myself and chuckled slightly. Officer Sam always gets me.

"Thank you, guys. Seriously. It means a lot that you care, but I need to focus on other things right now. I just have to." I said,

"We get it Jarahn, we do. Just know if you ever need a break, that's fine." Lakota said. "You like the hardware?"

"I don't realize anything new. I never really realize the upgrades...I mean..it looks shinier?"

"It's only shiny because we cleaned the nanobots, it was dirty. The new battery cap is 200%. Delta is now able to teach you about the suit with a program, so no need for a manual. Your HUD underwent some bug fixes and your air pressure has been fixed."

"Fixed?"

"It was destroyed, but Delta didn't pick it up, so I also added a new self-diagnostic update."

"How did it break?"

"Most likely, you added too much pressure on the gauntlet itself, and it destroyed it. You can't add too much power into one gadget, it'll destroy the gadget or destroy the suit."

"Oh...that might be why..."

"Yeah, figured. The parachute was also checked and redeployed with a brand new parachute with more nanotech, THANKS to Ace Graves tech."

"Sweet."

"On to Jasahn's upgrades.."

"What I get?" Jasahn asked in excitement.

"You've got Jarahn's hand-me-downs! Everything he has, you have but without any of his trademark stuff. You don't have the self-diagnostic software and all that."

"Oh," He looks down.

"Well, at least you have a plasma shield with your logo on it."

"Oh, cool!" He cheered.

"And onto Lenahan!"

"Oh yeah! Finally a new suit!" Lenahan exclaimed as he hopped up and down.

"We've added padding to your suit and more cover around your suit. We think the domino mask is iconic so we could never get rid of it, but we added some lenses to the mask that can glow your normal color of orange. We also supplied you with extra chains that take place underneath that padding that can slide in and out. You could use those chains as backup or whenever you want, just as long as you allow them to retract into the forearm padding." Lakota explained.

"AWESOME! AW YEAH!" He exclaimed.

"His suit sounds much cooler than mine," Jasahn said

"Jasahn. His suit is completely padding. He has no tech whatsoever. Would you like me to take the tech out of your suit and give it to him?" She asked. I chuckled under my breath.