The Talk (Chapter Six)

"Jarahn? You up?" Jason whispered. My eyes open slowly and then quickly squint once I felt the bright beams of the sunshine through his bedroom window.

"What? What is it..?" I groaned.

It's been a few days since my team and I fought Trouble Trio. And to no avail, they broke out of custody the same day and escaped. I contacted Neil that same day, but he was busy and asked if I could watch over them, but I explained how the state wouldn't let me and all that crap. And for these past few days, I found myself hanging with Jason a lot more and even sleeping over. I still managed to leave at times to deal with super stuff and hang with Karen, but I always went right back to Jason's house. I just did my absolute best to avoid even entering my house...but that all changes today.

"WhAt iS It?! Dude. Today you have to go talk to your parents."

"Oh shoot...you're right...what time is it?"

"Uh..about 10am. My dad is cooking up some breakfast right now."

"I don't have time for breakfast. I need to head out."

"Whoa, whoa, whoa. Why can't you stay for breakfast? It's not like you won't be seeing them in a few minutes or anything."

"I know, but I wanna get my head right. I wanna be home."

"Jarahn. Come on. At least eat breakfast and then shower here. I won't mind and neither will my father." He insisted. I wasn't gonna stay, but he really wanted me to stay. So I did.

"Fine. I'll stay dude. But just for breakfast."

"Sweet! It's gonna be some bacon, eggs, muffins, all that jazz."

"Well...I could use the calories." I thought to myself. "Sounds delicious," I then rummage through my bag of things and grab my outfit for today and head into his bathroom. I take a quick 7-minute shower and then creak the door open. "Jason. Can you pass me the lotion?"

"Oh yeah. Here." He tosses me the lotion. I catch the bottle and then close the door and finish getting ready.

A few minutes later, I'm downstairs with Jason and his father eating some of the best homemade breakfast I've ever had in my life...and quite possibly the first homemade breakfast I've had- other than the oatmeal I like to make on Sundays.

"Any plans for today, boys?" his father asked.

"Nothing really, probably gonna get my levels up on Call of Duty," He answered.

"Hahaha, well try not to yell so loud when you're on the losing team." His father jokes.

"Me? Losing team? PFFT!"

"Heh. What about you, Jarahn?"

"I'm gonna be talking to my parents. We're gonna have lunch together around 2 at my house."

"Oh. That's big news...you ready for that?"

"I don't think so...but Jason told me I shouldn't wait so long to get it done and I agree."

"Oh okay, good. Well, don't let Jason always rush you to do things."

"I won't. I just wanted him to get it out of the way." Jason said.

"It's fine," I said with a laugh.

After I finished my breakfast, I got my bags and headed home. Once I reached my house, I entered through the front door and then headed to my room.

"Jarahn?! That you?!" He called out.

"Yeah," I replied.

"You wanna help me prepare lunch for later?" He asked. I sighed to myself and shook my head.