Old faces (Chapter Eight)

"ddwadjh...dawhdasd....Jarahn! You up?" My dad called. I rose my head quickly and wiped the drool off my face.

"What is it?" I asked in anger. I hit the hay as soon as I touched my bed last night and I slept like a baby. My body was sore, but my mind was quiet and I was super grateful for that.

"Got someone waiting for you downstairs. Clean up and head on down."

"UUUHHHHH. DADDDD I'M STILL TIREED.." I put my pillow over my face.

"Jarahn. Get up now or I'll yank those sheets off you."

"I don't recommend that."

"Are you challenging me?"

"Dad. I'm not wearing any clothes or underwear."

"Oh. Understood. Get up now or I'll toss your food in the trash."

"Okay. Fine. Whatever." I yanked the sheets off of me and my father quickly exits my room so he doesn't have to see my privates.

"Make sure you keep the shower short." He called from outside my door.

"Okay!" I enter my bathroom, take a 5-minute shower, and then oil myself up and use my cologne. I put on my "Flash" shirt and my black jeans and then take a glance at the old vans I used to wear when I first started saving my city. I smile to myself and grab my black converses. I tie my shoes and oil up my hair and head downstairs. I see the oatmeal on the table and rub my hands together like a villain who's about to do something he's not supposed to do. "Sweet! He made me oatmeal."

I walk down a few more steps and find a woman sitting on the couch. She was a white lady in her mid-20's with blonde hair, brown eyes, and glasses on. She also had a pen and a notebook in her hands. I freeze in my tracks and lose my breath.

"What is this lady doing on the couch?" I thought.

"Hi, Jarahn. I'm Ms. Hudgens." She said politely.

"...Hi," I replied nervously. Don't get me wrong, I love Karen. She's my whole world. But I was honestly intimidated by Ms. Hudgens. She was pretty and I felt like I had to keep my chill or she'll tell all the cheerleaders that I'm a dork. EVEN THOUGH SHE'S A GROWN WOMAN. I continue down the stairs and grab my bowl of oatmeal off the table and start to eat.

"How did you sleep?"

"I slept great."

"That's good...do you mind if you sat down on the couch?" She made a waving motion with her hand towards the other side of the couch. I walk towards the couch and sit across from her and she smiles at me. I felt like she was reading me like a book...I didn't like it. I eat my oatmeal and she starts to speak.

"Have you ever seen a counselor before?"

"Wait what? You're a therapist?"

"Uh, yes. Has your father not told you that?"

"No...no he didn't."

"Would you like for this session to end?"

"Yes. Yes, I would."

"Understood. The last thing I want is to pry you open. Can you go get your father for me?"

"Sure thing." I stood up from the couch and threw my bowl onto the table. "DAD! WHAT THE HECK?!" I made my way up the steps and knocked on his door. "You called a therapist?! You didn't even talk to me about it first!" He opened the door and looked at me with a blank expression.

"Did you even give it a try, Jarahn?"

"Of course not. I don't need a therapist."

"Jarahn, at least give it a try."