Chapter 2: An Umbrella & A Fimilar Stranger

The bell finally rang, and everyone but Evan scurried to there seats. Mr. Walkins was a young teacher, which every girl fancied. He was actually quite attractive, but I didn't want to get to distracted by my studies.

"Welcome class. Before we continue with the lesson I would like to introduce you to our new student." He welcomed Evan into the classroom. "Would you please state your name to the class" he said without even glancing at Evan. "My names Evan, Evan Peters" he said while searching around the room for a desk to sit in. "Well then Evan, it's nice to meet you, fell free to sit wherever you like."
As I expected, every girl wanted Evan to sit by them. "Hey Evan! My names Kathrine, but you can call me kat." She said in an annoying squeaky high pitched voice.

I hate Katherine. She's really nice, so you can't hate her. But I do. I have no reason to hate her, I just simply hate her. She tried to be friends with me, but I just turned her down by saying "I don't like you, and when I don't like something I hate it forever." that's probably the only time I have ever raised my voice, loud enough for everyone to hear me. I'm starting to get why everyone sees me as a mean person.

I couldn't care less if Evan sat by Kathrine or not, I still considered Evan a stranger. So I just started studying, put my earbuds on, and raised the volume of my music. Music really helps me focus, besides Mr.Walkins doesn't mind. He lets me do whatever I want, because I'm always ahead of the rest of the class. Same goes with all my other classes. I don't really have a genre of music, I like just about anything, but I usually listen to slow paced songs. The song I was listening to was called 'Sweet Jane' by the Velvet Underground.

"What you listening to?" I looked up and saw Evan smiling while adjusting his things in the desk next to me. "Why are you siting here?" I asked.
He then sat down, and turned towards me "Why? Can I not sit here?" I turned my body towards him."There's a lot of other empty seats in this room. Why choose the one next to me?" "You're the only person I know in here" he replied. After that I began studying, and he just sat there in silence.

Mr. Walkins dismissed our class and I hurried to my locker. I like getting to my classes early, so I'm always in a hurry. As I was opening my locker a pink paper fell out. I looked around and noticed that everyone had pink papers falling out of their lockers. I picked up the paper and it was a flyer for a dance on Friday. I heard footsteps coming from behind me. I turned around and saw Evan holding a pink flyer.

"You going to the dance with your boyfriend on Friday?" Is he joking? I've never had a boyfriend. No one really asks me out unless it involves a bet and getting paid to do it. "I don't have a boyfriend, I hate dances" I said while quickly closing my locker and heading to class.

The rest of my day was pretty boring. I had a couple other classes with Evan, but I didn't really talk to him.
School was finally over and I had to walk home. It was looking kinda cloudy. Good thing I brought an umbrella. As I was walking, listening to the drops of rain, I saw Evan running to try to get out of the rain. He then spotted me and ran towards me.

"Do you mind sharing that umbrella?" I let my umbrella cover him and we began walking together in silence. We kept walking for about 7 minutes, until he suddenly stopped "There's my house right over there, thank you for sharing your umbrella with me. See you tomorrow?" I looked at his house and realized that it's not to far from mine. "See you tomorrow." I said until realizing that he was to far to hear me.
I continued to walk to my house until I saw a man soaking wet waiting to cross the road. I stood right beside him and thought about giving him my umbrella. I took a better look at him and realized he was my neighbor. In my neighborhood each house is spread out, so each house is about two quarters of a mile away form each other. He looked around his 20's, old enough to have a car, so I have no idea why he's walking. I felt kinda bad for him. He looked really sad, tired, and angry, and he had to walk for about 5 minutes in the rain to get to his house. I'm the type of girl that likes doing nice things for strangers, mostly because I'll never see them again.

I tapped his shoulder. "Excuse me sir" he turned around to look at me. "Yes ma'am" he said in a polite tone. "You can borrow my umbrella to get where you need to be." I said while handing him my umbrella. He looked at me then the umbrella. "No, I can't take your umbrella. You don't want to be getting sick do you?" I smiled and said "Rain doesn't bother me, but it sure looks like it's bothering you." He chuckled and looked at me with a smile and took the umbrella, then we both went our separate ways. "My names Julian by the way!" I turned to see Julian waving bye at me. I waved back.

As I opened my front door, and ran up the stairs I decided to leave the house for a while. I usually don't go outside very often, but I thought it would be nice to get some fresh air every once in a while. I decided to change into one of my leggings with a wolverine shirt, because my clothes were already wet. I heard there's a new record place that I wanted to check out, so I am pretty excited to check out their vinyl records. The record store wasn't that far so I decided to walk. As I was walking I was thinking about my neighbor Julian. That name sounded so familiar. My whole neighborhood spreads rumors about him. A lot of people think that he murdered his parents, because they both passed away in the same day, but I could tell just by looking at him that, that's not true. Im pretty sure that the only reason people say that is because he's not as perfect or rich as everyone else. In my neighborhood we always have a little welcome party for the people who are new to this neighborhood, and there always telling the new family to stay away from the 'murderer', and that house. It even got to the point where they're considering to burn it down.

"Hey Aliciya!" I turned around and saw Evan yelling my name. He ran up to me with that smile again. "You don't have to call me Aliciya all the time. You can just call me Alice." I said while not making eye contact. "Maybe you could give me a cool nickname too then!". I looked at him with no sign of emotion "That's not going to happen." He continued to walk with me. "So where you heading?!" He said in a cheering tone. "There's this new music record place I wanted to check out." I replied. "Cool". After he said that it was completely silence until he slowed down and started looking for someone. "Who you looking for?" I asked. "No one" he said as he started walking faster. He then turned around in front of me and we both just stood there. "What?" I asked. "How come people say so many bad things about you. Almost like you kinda scare them." I looked at him with confusion. He looked at the ground then at me. "A lot of people in school, talk about you, they spread these rumors about you" he said. "Like what?" I asked. "A lot of people think that you are in a weird cult or something like in that book 1984 where everyone seemed like a motionless robot." He looked at me with a worried face instead of a smile. Then I burst out laughing. He looked at me with confusion. "Why are you laughing?" I managed to control my laughter. "Nothing I just find it hilarious how stupid people are, but that actually sounds pretty cool to be honest. And no none of that is true. They only make those things up to make people stay away from me and I don't really have time for many friends so I'm ok with everyone saying that. But I understand why they think I'm in some sort of OCD robot cult. For a long time in school, I've been doing nothing but studying, and I didn't really want anyone to distract me from my studies, so I kinda pushed everybody away. Actually when I was in 2nd grade our classroom had a hamster as a class pet. One day it died and everyone was crying and weeping expect me. I then told the teacher that I was going to another classroom because the one I was currently in was too loud. So I guess that's why every one thinks I'm in a weird ocd cult" He looked at me with a relived face. I went around him and continued walking but he just stood there processing everything.

"Wait what do you mean, it would be cool being in an ocd cult-"

Then we finally made it to the record store. I looked at the name of the store 'Jupiter's best records' it read. I opened the door and the door opening was followed by a bell 'ding'. Then Evan came in 'ding'. "Hey welcome to-" turns out one of the employees was Julian. "Hey! Umbrella girl