Chapter 6: Red Light

Evan's POV
"Did Julian do this to you?!" And Was the last thing I said before realizing that she was unconscious. I stood up and left her in the nurses office, and decided to go visit Julian. I'm very confused. Why would anyone do something to her? I ran out of school heading to the record store.

Aliciya's POV
"All I remember is seeing my friend Julian pick me up and take me in here." I said while get in my eyes checked by the school nurse. "Who's Julian? The only person I saw dropping you off was Evan." I looked at the nurse. "You sure?" She nodded. Crap. The last thing I said before I passed out was Julian's name, I need to find Evan fast. "Thank you for everything, but I need to get going." I stood up until I was sat back down by the nurse. "The reason you keep feeling dizzy is because you rush yourself and don't get much rest, so take a little nap would y'a!"
I laid down and pretended to sleep. After what seemed like 10 minutes the nurse left and I snuck out.

Julian's POV
I woke up and looked at my watch 9:30. Shit I'm late for work!

Before I nearly dived out of the treehouse I noticed a note on the mattress I put Alice on.
Instead of reading I shoved it in my pocket and ran to the record store. I finally made it to the store, and as I was unlocking the door, someone tapped my shoulder. I turned around and saw Evan with a serious look on his face.
"Uh? Do you need any help with anything?" I waited for an answer, but instead he shoved me in the store "Dude chill, what the hell is your problem, man!" He turned around and locked the door "What the hell did you do to Aliciya." I looked at him with a puzzled face. Wait a second...
"What happened did she pass out? She passed out yesterday too when I was walking her home." He turned around and unlocked the door. "Oh. I'm uh... So so sorry about all this, I swear I'll make it up to you." Then he turned back to face me. "I should be at school right now..." I shut the door before he could even open it.
"When are you gonna finally realize that I am not a murderer?" Instead of saying anything he just opened the door and headed towards the school without saying a word.

Aliciya's POV

I could see Evan exiting the record store in a distance. "Evan!" He looked around to figure out where he heard his name from and then his eyes finally met with mine. "Oh hey. You finally woke up huh. Well come on we gotta get back to school." He grabbed me by the hand and we headed towards the school. He looked kinda sad, mad and relived at the same time.

"So after I passed out I said Julian's name by accident and I'm betting you went to his record store to- I don't know. Call the cops on him? Am I correct?"

"Yes" he answered "How do you even hang out with that guy, how do you even trust him?"

I stopped walking "Dude that guy is my best friend how can I not trust him." I said with a little giggle to sorta lighten up the mood I guess.
   "Well that guy is bad news. I don't like him." He turned to continue walking and he tried grabbing my arm but I stepped back.

"Well that guy has a name, and it's Julian. And if you don't like him then...I don't ever want to see you again."

After I said that to him it seemed like the whole world stopped and went completely quite to exaggerate my harsh words.

We just stared at each other for the longest time. Finally he opened his mouth. But no sound came out. Then he grabbed wrist and continued to walk to school.

"Come on, lunch is almost over we have to keep walking ."
The rest of the day was a lot more quite than usual.

The next day I saw Evan he didn't even turn to look at me. He didn't even sit with me. I guess you could say he replaced me. With Kathrine!But I didn't really care, because things were just as normal as they've always been. Although I couldn't seem to stop thinking about Evan. I even listened to a conversation between him and Kathrine. Turns out he's going to take her to the dance that's this Friday.

After school I went straight to Julian's store. The loud 'ding' from the door echoed through the store but instead of Julian behind the counter it was a curly haired guy with a sitting on a rolled up rug with a cigarette in his mouth.

He seemed to be daydreaming but I thought it would be awkward to just leave so I just stood in front of him waving my hand near his face.

"Um I- Uh- Sir?" I said while mentally face palming. "Oh! Yes. Hi! I kinda didn't see you there" He said while he extinguished his cigarette.

Then he continued to speak. "Hello! Welcome to Venus' best records- oh wait scratch that it's... Um. Jupiter's best records! Yup there it is. Anyway feel free to look around, and don't be shy to ask any questions. Oh and my names Fabrizio but you can just call me Fab. I'm.. Gonna stop talking now and let you walk around."

Instead of asking where Julian was, I just looked around. Really sucks that I don't have the money to buy any of this. I kept walking until I spotted Radiohead's 'Ok Computer' album. Thom Yorke has such a fragile, but beautiful voice. I looked around and saw Fabrizio in the other end of the store. So I started to sing to myself.

"You look so tired and unhappy
Bring down the government
They don't, they don't speak for us
I'll take a quiet life
A handshake of carbon monoxide

No alarms and no surprises
Silent, silent..."

~~ A/N ~~
The song is 'No Surprises' by Radiohead (obviously Radiohead lol)