Chapter 3: Old Friend

"Hey Julian." I turned around to see Julian, he was wearing a black shirt with 'the pouge' written on it with a jean jacket over it and some torn up jeans. Evan tapped my shoulder. "You know this guy?" I looked to see a worried look on his face. "Yeah, he's a friend of mine." I replied. I started walking towards Julian, but was pulled back by Evan. "My neighbors warned me about him, I think we should leave." I tugged back my sleeve. "They were lying, trust me. They only say those things because they don't want him there." He looked at me with a frown as I walked towards Julian. His name sounds really familiar, but I can't seem to remember why. "Hey umbrella girl! I've got something for ya!" I couldn't see him, even though it was a pretty small store, but I knew he was in the back. I decided to follow his voice until he suddenly came out of no where and ran into me. "Ow!" I yelled while falling on the floor. "Alice you ok!" I turned to see Evan running towards me to check if I was ok. I turned back to Julian "I'm so sorry, are you okay?Here let me give you a hand." As I was about to grab Julian's hand, Evan pushed Julian to the side. He looked at me, then Julian. "Don't touch her." I tugged Evans leg. "Its ok I accidentally bumped into him, and fell on the ground" He looked at me then at Julian. And ran out the store.

"Sorry, my friend thinks your a murder." I said to Julian while grabbing his hand to pick me up. "No need to apologize, everyone thinks I'm a murderer. Don't you?"
I laughed. "Nah. Even if you were a crazy murderer, I would be able to tell people that I let a murderer borrow my umbrella." He laughed and we both silently stood there smiling at each other. It was pretty awkward.

"Oh! I almost forgot." He reached down to pick up my umbrella. "Here you go... Alice." he said with a friendly smile. "My names actually Aliciya, but I go by Alice." I said while taking the umbrella from him. "Really? That name sounds familiar. Is your last name Denis?" He asked. "Yeah, how'd you know?" He looked down with a frown. "You don't remember..." I looked at his face trying to figure out what he was talking about.

It was him. My only friend. Julian. Wow, how couldn't I know this before? I'm so stupid, that's why he looked so familiar. "Jules?" I said to try and get his attention. "You remember?" He said with a smile. "Yeah of course, we were like, best friends when we were little." I said. He then pulled me in for a hug, I forgot how comforting hugs can be, especially his hugs. I miss him, I'm glad that he remembers. He then pulled away from the hug. He held me in front of him and looked at me up and down. "Wow it's been so long. How long has it been? 13 years? Wow you've changed!" I laughed "Yeah so have you! I miss you Jules..." He smiled and pulled me in for another hug. "Yeah I miss you too..."

The door's bell rang. 'ding'. Julian then rushed to greet the costumer. "Hi welcome to Mars Best Records, let me know if you need anything."
I looked around the room and started looking at the records. They had everything. I'm starting to really like this place, maybe I can come here to study after school. This place does play good music, so I won't have to worry about wasting money on downloading music anymore. I was starting to worry about Evan, so I went outside to check on him. I steped outside and saw him siting infront of the store. "You waiting for someone?' I said while siting beside him. "Yeah, I was waiting for you." He said while searching my face. "You ok?" I asked. "Yeah, I was just worried. Can you please tell him I'm sorry, I'm kinda nervous to go in there." "Sure." I replied. We both stood up. "I'm gonna start heading home" he said.

As I was about to enter the store, but then Julian came outside. "Hey Alice I was about to get a quick snack, would you like to join me?" I giggled "Yeah, why not?"

As we were walking we saw an empty basketball court, and there was a flat basketball on the ground. Julian grabbed the ball and turned towards me. "Watch, for it shall go in, oh yes it shall." I rolled my eyes. Then he attempted to shoot. He missed. I burst out laughing, while Julian was screaming. "NO! WHY! POR QUE?!" He yelled, and I just kept laughing. I have never laughed this hard, it hurt my stomach, but it hurt in a good way. I picked up the ball and tuned to see Julian on the ground. "Watch me, for mine will go in, oh yes I know it shall." I said. I then attempted to shoot. But I made it this time. "YES! I TOLD YOU IT SHALL GO IN, AND IT DID!" He picked up the ball and threw it at someone's window, causing it to shatter. "SHIT." He yelled and we started hearing someone yelling and it came from the house with the shattered window. Julian grabbed my hand and we took of running. As we were running we turned around and saw the owner of the house, we made eye contact, then he started running towards us. Julian yanked my arm and we continued running. We spotted an abandoned building and decided to hide in it. We both squeezed into a cement tube. Our faces were about 5 inches apart. I could feel his breath on my neck. He looked at me, and I looked at him. "Remember when we used to get in trouble together as kids?" He whispered "Yeah, I'm-" I was interrupted by the houses owner. "I KNOW YOU'RE HERE! I WILL FIND YOU!" Me and Julian tried to contain our laughter. We heard the footsteps getting louder and louder. Julian wrapped his arms around me and held me tight. Then we heard another voice. "Excuse me sir, I'm gonna have to ask you to leave." "Fine! I'll leave don't care about those stupid kids anyways!"
We waited a couple until we knew that no one was there. Julian stopped holding me, and we both got out of the tube. "That was fun." I looked at him and started giggling. "What's so funny?" He asked "We still haven't eaten anything yet!" I said while putting my hand on my forehead. "Oh shit I forgot about that! Hey Alice do you wanna go to that ice cream place we used always went when we were kids? It's still open, and Lauren still works there." I looked at him and smiled. "Sure thing Jules."
We arrived in the ice cream store and walked inside. "Hello! Welcome! What ice cream flavor would like to try today?" We were greeted by an old lady. "Hey Lauren. How are you? It's me Jules, with Aliciya do you remember, we used to come here a lot as kids." The old lady looked at us up and down. "Wow! Grown a lot haven't you. What flavor ice cream? The usual?"
"The usual." Julian replied
After we finished our ice cream we sat down on a bench, and talked about the things we used to do as kids. "I had a lot of fun today Jules." I said while standing up. "Its getting late, I better head home" I began walking away until Julian grabbed my hand. "Let me walk you home. We are neighbors after all." I nodded my head as he stood up, and we began walking. At least 5 minutes of walking passed by, and I started getting dizzy. I tried to walk it of, but it only got worse. My legs felt like jello, and my vision started getting blurry. Where was Julian? Wouldn't he be helping me? What was making me feel this way...no... Jules wouldn't to this to me. Would he? I started panicking. It feels as if my heart is about to burst out of my chest...
"You ok?" Is the last thing I heard before falling on the floor, and seeing nothing other than the color black.

Do you guys like the story so far? If there's anything I can change please let me know. A_A