Chapter 5: Hard to Explain

Julian's POV
Once she fell on the floor, she didn't move. She just laid there. All I did was just stand in front of her waiting for her to get up. But all she did was just stay still. What happened? Is she dead? No she can't be. I shook the negative thoughts out of my head while picking her up from the cold wet ground. As I started walking I couldn't think of a place to go to. If I went to my house someone might think I'm kidnapping her and call the cops. And I can't go to her house cause I don't have the key. She might have the key on her, but I think it would be kinda weird touching around a girl that's a bit younger than me. Good thing she's light, she's always been the short one, even when we were little. That's it! I'll take her to the tree house!
As I kept walking I looked down at her. She was sleeping. I could tell she was cold because she started shivering once in a while. She looked so cute with her eyes closed. She was so relaxed. I kept walking for what seemed like forever until I finally arrived at the treehouse. I sat her down next to a tree and threw a rock at the door to make a ladder drop. I put her in my back and climbed up. Good thing I kept this place in good shape. I sat her down on a bed mattress and lit a candle beside her. I then patched up the wound left on her head after the fall. I also gave her my jacket to keep warm. I wanted to be the first person she saw when she woke up so I decided to sleep in a chair next to her.

Aliciya's POV
The next morning I woke up and felt like shit. I was in a dark room with a worn out candle with a nice aroma in the room. I stood still hoping that no one was in the room. I saw some matches near the mattress I fell asleep in and I lit a second candle. As the warm gentle glow filled the room I saw someone sitting in a chair. I couldn't tell if the person was asleep so I moved closer. As I moved closer it was Julian who was sitting in the chair. He's asleep. Then I realized he wasn't wearing his jacket. Because I'm the one wearing it. I looked around the room and remembered that it was Thursday. I put the candle down and checked my phone. Shit. It's 9:00am. I'm late for school. I searched the room for a pen and paper and wrote a note for Julian so he wouldn't get to worried about me when he woke up. I then bolted out the room. Or what I thought was a room. As I ran out the room I almost fell from a tree that seemed like 15ft high I looked around and climbed down a ladder and ran nonstop to Burnin. I looked horrible and I was so hungry! Ugh I didn't even have enough time to study. I kept running and started feeling dizzy again, but I just shook it off and continued running. I finally made it to Burnin and made it to my first class. Geometry with Mr. Walkins. As I walked in class everyone including Evan put their eyes on me.

"You're late Aliciya? That's rare!" I looked at him with a tired face, and sat in my seat in the middle of the very back. "You look horrible! God what happened to you?!" Evan said while looking at me with shock. "Thanks." I said while putting down my things. He looked at the floor. "Sorry I didn't mean it like that." I put my head on my desk. "That's ok."
The day went by as usual, boring and slow. I finally made it to my last class. Chemistry. I had a lot of classes with Evan. My luck.

He usually talks to me in 1st period, and stays silent for the rest of the day, so I guess it's nice having him around. As our chemistry teacher was talking about our project I started feeling dizzy again. I tried to shake it off, but it just got worse. All of the sudden my vision started getting blurry. Before I hit the ground I asked Mr. Walkins if I could go to the restroom. I ran all the way to the bathroom and locked myself in a stall. Next thing you know it, I'm unconscious on the floor... Again.

Evans POV
I'm so lucky to have Alice in most of my classes. I really like her. Not in a romantic way, of course, but in a friend kind of way. She's usually quiet and keeps to herself, but I adore that. When she asked me to go to the new record store with her, I got so happy. I try my best to not talk to her too much because I don't want her thinking I'm annoying. Even though I barley know anything about her, I adore the things that I do know about her. "May I go to the restroom?" I looked to my right and saw Aliciya rush out the door while covering her head. I was kinda worried cause she looked injured. As time went by in class Alice hasn't came back, and I started to panic. No one seemed to care it's like no one knew who she was.
After the bell rang I decided to check on Alice. I went inside the girls restroom without anyone noticing. I looked under each stall to see if anyone was there. I looked in the first stall. Nothing. I checked in the second and, third stall but no one was there. As I turned to see the last stall, I saw blood on the floor. I slowly walked to the last stall and slowly opened the door. On the floor I saw Aliciya unconscious covering her bloody head. I picked her up and ran towards the nurses office. As I was running I slipped on water and both me and Aliciya were on the floor. I reached over to wrap her around my arms, we just both laid there in silence. She woke up and looked at me trying to say something.
"J-u-l-i -a-n-?..." Is the last thing she said.