Episode I - The Phantom Menace : 9

Adalin lays on the booths seats with Anakin at her feet as Padme walks in. She knows she could grab a room in one of the guest wings, but she also knows that Anakin needs her at the moment. Padme presses a button and a hologram appears. She feels Anakin looking at her so she turns towards her. Adalin continues to act asleep to give the two kids their moment.

"Are you all right?" Padme asks.

"It's very cold" Anakin replies. Padme walks over to Anakin and gives him her over coat.

"You come from a warm planet, Ani. A little too warm for my taste. Space is cold" She tells him.

"You seem sad" Anakin says as she sits in front of him.

"The Queen is... worried. Her people are suffering... dying. She must convince the Senate to intervene, I'm not sure what will happen" Padme says, sadly. Adalin resists from opening her eyes and giving the young girl a hug. She's so young and yet she has her whole planet's weight on her shoulders.

"I made this for you. So you'd remember me. I carved it out of a japor snippet... It will bring you good fortune" Anakin tells her, grabbing the pendant out of his pocket and giving it to her. Padme takes it with a smile and moves around to put it on her neck.

"It's beautiful, but I don't need this to remember you by. Many things will change when we reach the capital, Ani. Me caring for you will remain" She promises.

"I care for you too. Only I..." Anakin starts, but stops mid sentence.

"...Miss your mother" She says. He's unable to speak so she hugs him. She than leaves after he falls asleep. A little later Adalin falls asleep as well.

━━━∘○∘━━━

Adalin awakes a few hours later. The first thing she notices is another robe covering her form. She looks down at the robe and recognizes it as Obi-Wan's robe. Adalin turns her head to her right to see Obi-Wan, sleeping. She sits up, removing the robe from her person. She then gets up from the booth seat and covers Obi-Wan with it. Before leaving the room, Adalin kisses Obi-Wan's cheek with a quiet whisper of gratitude.

━━━∘○∘━━━

Anakin sits with the pilot in the cockpit. Adalin watches her brother as he looks around in awe.

"Coruscant... the entire planet is one big city. There's Chancellor Valorum's shuttle. And look over there, Senator Palpatine is waiting for us" The pilot, Ric Olie, points out to Anakin. Adalin never thought she'd be happy to be back in Coruscant. She thought she'd hate coming back, but really she's glad to be back. Coruscant is her home away from home, well the Temple is her home away from home.

Supreme Chancellor Valorum, several guards, and Senator Palpatine stand on a landing platform waiting for them to land. The ramps lower and Obi-Wan, Jinn, Anakin, Jar Jar, and Adalin step out first, bowing to Chancellor Valorum and Senator Palpatine. They then move as the Queen walks out.

Captain Panaka, two guards, and Queen Amidala step out. The rest follow them. Senator Palpatine bows before the Queen.

"It is a great gift to see you alive, your Majesty. With the communications breakdown, we've become very concerned. I'm anxious to hear your report on the situation. May I present Supreme Chancellor Valorum" Senator Palpatine says, motioning to the Supreme Chancellor.

"Welcome, your Highness. It's an honor to finally meet you in person" Supreme Chancellor greets.

"Thank you, Supreme Chancellor" Queen Amidala says, walking forwards.

"I must relay to you how distressed everyone is over the current situation. I've called for a special session of the Senate to hear your position" Supreme Chancellor says, as they walk.

"I am grateful for your concern, Chancellor" The Queen tells him as she stops and looks at him. They start walking again, towards a waiting air taxi. Palpatine leads the Queen.

"There is a question of procedure, but I feel confident we can overcome it..." He explains.

Jar Jar and Anakin follow the Queen as Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon, and Adalin stop to speak with the Supreme Chancellor.

"I must speak with the Jedi Council immediately. The situation has become more complicated" Qui-Gon explains. Supreme Chancellor nods.

━━━∘○∘━━━

Adalin waits outside of the Council room as Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon speak with the Council. They want a separate meeting with Adalin. The two men leave out the door as the Masters call Adalin in. She bows once she's stood in the middle of the round room.

"Masters" She greets, formally while straightening from the bow,

"Adalin, nice to see you it is" Master Yoda says.

"As of you, Master Yoda" Adalin says, smiling.

"Told you, you would be back we did" He says. Adalin nod.

"I sense you have grown in your Force connection" Master Windu asks. Adalin looks to him. She smiles at her former Master.

"I could tell the moment it began growing, Master" Adalin tells him, honestly. He nods.

"It's good to have you back here, Adalin" Master Windu says. Adalin bows, respectfully and leaves at the obvious dismissal. She meets Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon outside of the room.