Episode I - The Phantom Menace : 10

The three Jedi arrive to a balcony that looks over the Temple.

"The boy will not pass the Council's tests, Master. He's too old" Obi-Wan says.

"Anakin will become a Jedi ... I promise you" Qui-Gon tells not just Obi-Wan, but Adalin too as he looks at both of them. Adalin gives him a wary look as if to say, "Obi-Wan is right, as much as I don't want to admit it. The Council is too strict to the Code, Master. They won't allow him to become a Jedi".

"Do not defy the Council, Master... not again" Obi-Wan pleads, turning towards his Master as Adalin walks towards the rails of the balcony.

"I shall do what I must, Obi-Wan" Qui-Gon says, calmly.

"If you would just follow the code you would be on the Council. They will not go along with you this time" Obi-Wan insists. Adalin listens to Obi-Wan's pleading to his Master, quietly when they walk to the rails too.

"You still have much to learn, my young apprentice" Qui-Gon says, placing a hand on Obi-Wan's shoulder.

━━━∘○∘━━━

Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon, Anakin, and Adalin stand in the middle of the room. Anakin stands in front of Qui-Gon as Obi-Wan and Adalin stand on either side of him.

"The Force is strong with him" Master Ki-Adi says.

"He's to be trained, then?" Qui-Gon asks.

The Jedi Council looks to each other.

"No. He will not be trained" Master Windu concludes. "He is too old"

"May I say something, Master?" Adalin asks, speaking up after giving Qui-Gon a "I told you so" look. Master Windu nods. "I was trained when I was older than him. 2 standards, if I remember correctly"

"Yes, but-" Master Windu starts, Master Yoda cuts him off.

"Your future I trust, young Adalin... very powerful, very important" Master Yoda says. Adalin nods. Everyone there can tell Master Yoda is not saying everything, they can tell that he can't see every part of Adalin's potential, her future. When Adalin first arrived at the Temple, all of the Masters were skeptical of her future. With her potential and ever so growing power she could, and still can, become anything she wants. A Jedi Master, a Grey Jedi, or a Sith Lord. That is one of the reasons why Master Yoda and Master Windu trained Adalin themselves.

"He is the chosen one... you must see it" Qui-Gon insists.

"Clouded, this boy's future is" Master Yoda says. Adalin has has visions since her leave of the Jedi business but they have never been about Anakin. It's almost as if he has no future or it's not possible... or shouldn't be possible. Adalin looks between her former Masters, her newfound father, and her brother.

"I will train him, then. I take Anakin as my Padawan learner" Qui-Gon says, confidently. Obi-Wan and Adalin look to Qui-Gon in surprise.

"An apprentice, you have, Qui-Gon. Impossible, to take on a second" Master Yoda says.

"The code forbids it" Master Windu says.

"Obi-Wan is ready..." Qui-Gon claims.

"I am ready to face the trials" Obi-Wan says, agreeing with his master.

"Our own council we will keep on who is ready" Master Yoda says with a slight bite to his tone.

"He is headstrong and he has much to learn of the living Force, but he is capable. There is little more he can learn from me" Qui-Gon explains. Adalin stares down at the floor with furrowed brows. She's confused as to way Qui-Gon would just throw Obi-Wan away like, he had just said Obi-Wan had much to learn. She then realizes what he meant. He meant he had much to learn in life, not from him, but in experience.

"Young Skywalker's fate will be decided later" Master Yoda says.

"Now is not the time for this... the Senate is voting for a new Supreme Chancellor and Queen Amidala is returning home, which will put pressure on the Federation, and could widen the confrontation" Master Windu explains.

"And draw out the Queen's attacker" Master Ki-Adi says.

"Go with the Queen to Naboo and discover the identity of the dark warrior. That is the clue we need to unravel this mystery of the Sith. You'll go with them, Adalin" Master Windu tells them. Adalin nods.

"May the Force be with you" Master Yoda says. They bow and leave.