Episode I - The Phantom Menace : 14

Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon, and Adalin stand next to the Queen, looking to the ground as she speaks.

"Now, Viceroy, you are going to have to go back to the Senate and explain all this" Padme says.

"I think you can kiss your Trade franchise goodbye" Captain Panaka says as he walks closer.

The main ramp lowers as Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon, Adalin, and Captain Panaka bring Viceroy and his assistant toward the ship. The Grand Chancellor Palpatine and several Republic guards descend the walkway, followed by Master Yoda and other Jedi Masters.

Chancellor Palpatine walks over to the Jedi. They bow before him.

"We are indebted to you for your bravery, Qui-Gon Jinn, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Adalin Jinn-Uvain" The chancellor says. "And you, young Skywalker, we will watch your career with great interest" He tells Anakin. He walks away over to the Queen. As he does that they bow to the Jedi Masters.

"Congratulations on your election, Chancellor" The Queen tells him.

"Your boldness has saved our people, your Majesty. It is you who should be congratulated. Together we shall bring peace and prosperity to the Republic" The Chancellor says to her.

━━━∘○∘━━━

Master Yoda paces before Obi-Wan who kneels in the middle of the room as Qui-Gon and Adalin wait outside

"Confer on you, the level of Jedi Knight the Council does. But agree on you taking this boy as your Padawan learner, I do not" Master Yoda says, pacing. Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan talked before he met with Yoda. They decided that when Anakin would be trained, it would be by Obi-Wan.

"Qui-Gon and I disclosed that it would be better if I trained him, Master" Obi-Wan says.

"The Chosen One the boy may be; nevertheless, grave danger I fear in his training" Master Yoda says.

"Master Yoda, I have given Qui-Gon my word. I will train Anakin. Without the approval of the Council if I must" Obi-Wan insists.

"Qui-Gon's defiance I sense in you. Need that, you do not. Agree with you, the council does. Your apprentice, Skywalker will be" Master Yoda concludes.

━━━∘○∘━━━

Obi-Wan walks out of the large room without Master Yoda. He looks at Qui-Gon and Adalin with a resigned look. The two sigh before a grin breaks out on Obi-Wan's face. Qui-Gon laughs in relief while Adalin hits Obi-Wan's arm.

"I have been conferred as a Jedi Knight and Anakin will be my Padawan" He clarifies. Adalin smiles at the two she'll consider her boys in the future along with Anakin.

━━━∘○∘━━━

"What's gonna happen with me?" Anakin asks as he and Obi-Wan get ready for the ceremony. Obi-Wan rests his hand on Anakin's shoulder.

"I will become your teacher, Ani. You will become a Jedi" He reassures. Anakin nods with a smile. His smiles falters.

"What about Adi and Qui-Gon?" He asks. Obi-Wan smiles softly.

"You will be able to see them, but they won't be there all the time. They are Jedi, they have duties" He explains. Anakin nods once more, but with less enthusiasm. Obi-Wan sighs and looks Anakin in the eyes. "Remember" He starts, it catches Anakin's attention. "That doesn't mean you won't see them, Anakin" He smiles as Obi-Wan stands from his kneeling position.

━━━∘○∘━━━

"I don't know what I want it to mean or what I want to know" Adalin starts out of nowhere. Qui-Gon looks at her in surprise, but let's her speak. "But I don't think I want it to mean anything. I think I want it to mean what it means. That you're my father and that you'll be there for me, with me"

"What do you want to know?" He asks. Adalin looks at him.

"Did you know she was pregnant?" She asks. He sighs and shakes his head.

"No. No, I didn't. She never told me and the Council said she was on a mission for almost a year. From what the Council told me, she wanted to keep you but it wasn't possible. She reluctantly gave you to the Council and they sent you away. They knew you were mine, but they never came to me" Qui-Gon explains. Adalin nods as he comes up and wraps his arm around her shoulders. She presses her face into his shoulder. This time she doesn't hold back and let's everything out, to him and the Force. Her grief, her pain, her sadness, her anger, her fear, her relief, everything.  But she can't help but think back on the warning the Force had given her when this mess began. She smiles into her father's tunic and thanks the Force.

━━━∘○∘━━━

The Force jumps almost around with happiness and content at the peace around them, at the joy the Force and the Jedi can feel radiating around them. Adalin and Obi-Wan smile at each other while the Queen smiles at Anakin and Qui-Gon looks over the four with amusement. The next years of Anakin's training will be interesting to say the least. Qui-Gon will have a front seat to it all, he suppresses a grin. This'll be fun.